Settlements are places where people build their homes. Early human beings lived on trees and in caves. When they started to grow crops it became necessary to have a permanent home. The settlements grew near the river valleys as water was available and the land was fertile. Students can learn more about the Human Environment, Settlement, Transport and Communication from Chapter 7 of CBSE Class 7 Geography. Practice these CBSE Class 7 Geography Chapter 7 Human Environment-Settlement, Transport and Communication Important Questions to master all the concepts thoroughly.
Students can also download the PDF version of the CBSE Class 7 Social Science Important Questions from Chapter 7 Geography by clicking on the link given below in this article.
Download CBSE Class 7 Geography Chapter 7 Human Environment-Settlement, Transport and Communication Important Questions PDF
Human Environment-Settlement, Transport and Communication
1. What is the site?
2. What are the natural conditions for the selection of an ideal site?
3. Define transhumance.
4. Where do you find dwellings made of ice? Who makes them and what are they called?
5. The ____________ ____________connects Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata.
6. Describe the roadways in a few words.
7. Which is the longest railway system connecting St. Petersburg in Western Russia to Vladivostok on the Pacific coast?
8. What are the four means of transport?
9. What do you understand by the term ‘settlement’?
10. Which are the activities practised by rural people?
11. Mention any two merits of railways.
12. What do you understand by communication?
13. What is mass media?
14. Today’s world is shrinking. Give reasons.
15. How did the Human settlements become larger?
16. Describe the type of house very common in areas of hot climate.
17. Find the differences between a compact settlement and a scattered settlement.
18. Which were the activities in which the urban people were engaged in?
19. What are the features of the houses built in rural areas?
20. Give the benefits of railways.