Our earth is surrounded by a huge blanket of air called atmosphere. All living beings on this earth depend on the atmosphere for their survival. It provides us with the air we breathe and protects us from the harmful effects of the sun’s rays. Without this blanket of protection, we would be baked alive by the heat of the sun during the day and get frozen during the night. So it is this mass of air that has made the temperature on the earth liveable. Students can study more about Air in Chapter 4 of CBSE Class 7 Geography. Students can also use the CBSE Class 7 Geography Chapter 4 Air Important Questions to prepare most competently for the exam.
Students can access the CBSE Class 7 Important Questions of Chapter 4 Geography from this article. We have also provided the link from where the PDF version of the questions can be downloaded.
1. Describe the structure of the atmosphere.
2. What are the three types of winds? Explain.
3. What is the atmosphere?
4. Which two gases make the bulk of the atmosphere?
5. Which gas creates a greenhouse effect in the atmosphere?
6. What is the weather?
7. Name three types of rainfall.
8. What is air pressure?
9. Carbon dioxide protects us from harmful sun rays. True or False?
10. When precipitation comes down to the earth in the liquid form, it is called rain. True or False?
11. Wet clothes take longer time to dry on a humid day? Give reasons.
12. Amount of insolation decreases from the equator towards poles? Justify.
13. What is a dynamic environment?
14. How does the atmosphere play a dynamic role?
15. Define air circulation.
16. Name the layer of the earth that protects us from meteors and obsolete satellites from outer space.
17. What is isolation?
18. Describe moisture.
19. Explain the term relative humidity.
20. Which is the layer that makes the weather phenomena possible?