8 Simple Ways to prepare for UPSC Current Affairs Civil Services IAS Exam/How to prepare for current affairs for IAS?/How to prepare Current Affairs for UPSC?/How to cover current affairs for UPSC?/Best way to prepare for IAS
Now every candidate who aspire to become an IAS or IPS Officer and want to prepare or preparing for UPSC Civil Service Exam would know the importance of current affairs and how much weightage given for current events in the prelims and mains exam.
So, here we bring eight (8) simple ways to prepare for UPSC Current Affairs for Civil Services IAS Exam.
- Make a habit of reading newspaper every day -IAS Aspirants can choose their method either by reading the newspaper on their own or our CNA regularly and should make sure not to miss on any contemporary issues that hit the news frequently such as economic and political issues, environment disasters or programmes, new development in the science and technology world etc.
- Don’t choose too many newspapers read– two or three major newspapers or refer our Comprehensive News Analysis (CNA), which is divided into four papers GS Paper I, GS Paper II, GS Paper III, and GS Paper IV with is further sectioned into various categories and topics that falls under these papers, our CNA also covers important editorials and PIB articles for UPSC Current Affairs.
- Follow the news updates in ministries and organizations such as ministry of finance, RBI and others (covered in our PIB section).
- Make current affairs notes of our own – referring our CNA, candidates can make the current affairs notes in chronological order for which they can refer our Monthly and Weekly News Analysis. For e.g. the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)was in news frequently for launching Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle , nano satellites, keep an eye for such kind of news that make the newspaper frequently. Understand nano satellites; know the basics about satellites, ISRO, list of satellites launched by ISRO till now etc.
- Any issues related to Geography or International Affairs – make sure to prepare this area keeping a map aside. As, this will help you to understand and analyze the issues with the neighbouring countries as well as you will get a complete picture of political, geographical or societal problems faced by the people regionally.
- Do not try to mug up – In UPSC Syllabus tradition subject based, there are certain areas that are to be mugged up but you cannot apply the same mug up process while preparing for Current Affairs section of UPSC Exam. Hence it is advised to remember the dates by associating it with some issues also it is important to remember the organization or country related to it.
- Keep following our reliable Comprehensive News Analysis for IAS Current Affairs to make sure that you have covered all the major issues for the exam.
- Final step is to get an idea what kind of questions can be asked from current affairs section and to get a fair knowledge about this try to solve current affairs quiz daily or weekly basis and candidates can now take Weekly GK and Current Affairs Quiz on our website.
These are the 8 simple ways to prepare for current affairs section of UPSC Syllabus for Civil Services IAS Exam, follow these regularly to get an upper hand in this area.