Concept: Global Tiger Forum UPSC
Related News: ET, June 18
CNA mentions: 1 (June 18)
Global Tiger Forum
Global Tiger Forum is an Inter-governmental international body working exclusively for the conservation of Tigers in the wild. Utilizing co-operative policies, common approaches, technical expertise, scientific modules and other appropriate programmes. As per the Global Tiger Forum, it was set up to highlight the rationale for tiger preservation and provide leadership and common approach throughout the world in order to safeguard the survival of the tiger, its prey, and its habitat. The Global Tiger Forum was set up to promote a worldwide campaign to save the tiger, its prey and its habitat. The Global Tiger Forum has plans to promote a legal framework in the countries involved for biodiversity conservation and to increase the protected area network of habitats of the tiger and facilitate their inter passages in the range countries.
Goals of Global Tiger Forum:
To highlight the rationale for Tiger preservation, provide leadership and utilize a common approach throughout the world in order to safeguard the survival of the Tiger, its prey and its habitat.
Objectives of Global Tiger Forum:
- Promoting global campaigns to save the Tiger, its prey and its habitat.
- Increasing the number of secure habitats for Tigers.
- Promoting comprehensive legal frameworks for Tiger conservation.
- Providing financial and infrastructural capabilities for Tiger Conservation.
- Promoting training and research.
- Eliciting support from Governments, Inter- governmental organizations and individuals.
- Promoting bilateral co-operation.
- Establishing a trust fund to enable the implementation of agreed programmes.
- Calling upon Range Countries to prepare and update their National Action Plans for Tiger conservation.
- To urge countries to enter into relevant conventions for conservation and elimination of illegal trade.
|Tiger Trail Circuit|
|World’s first Tiger sanctuary for White Tigers opens up at Madhya Pradesh|
|A comprehensive study on Tiger Conservation in India|