Integrated Power Development Scheme was launched on 3rd December 2014. It is a flagship scheme of the Ministry of Power. Read the components and aim of the IPDS for IAS Exam.
Integrated Power Development Scheme
|Year of Launch||2014|
|Concerned Ministry||Ministry of Power|
|Objective of IPDS||To enhance and strengthen the power transmission and submission networks|
|Aspirants can cover the topics mentioned in the UPSC Syllabus by following the below-mentioned links:|
Components of IPDS (Scheme on Integrated Power Development)
The IPDS has the following components:
- To strengthen the sub-transmission and distribution networks across urban areas.
- The distribution transformers/feeders/consumers in the urban areas to be metered.
- The power distribution sector to be strengthened under R-APDRP.
- The power distribution sector to be IT-enabled.
- IPDS also includes the schemes for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and IT enablement of balance urban towns.
- The 4041 towns mentioned in 2011 census are covered under the IPDS scheme.
- The scheme permits underground cabling to include additional demand of States and smart metering solutions for performing the UDAY States and Solar panels on Govt. buildings with net-metering.
Power Finance Corporation (PFC) is the Nodal Agency for operationalization and implementation of the scheme under the overall guidance of MoP.
Broad Objective of the Scheme
- 24×7 Power supplies for consumers.
- Reduction of AT&C losses as per trajectory finalized by MoP in consultation with States.
- Providing access to power to all households.
What is the total outlay of the IPDS Scheme?
Rs. 32612 crore is the total outlay of the Integrated Power Development Scheme. The Indian government’s share of the grant is 60 per cent for all states except 85 percent for special states.
Who is eligible under the Integrated Power Development Scheme?
All Discoms will be eligible for financial assistance under the scheme.
*Source – ipds.gov
Get all the important government schemes for UPSC revision in the linked article.