Target UPSC 2018: Must have books to cover GS Papers I, II, III, and IV of IAS Mains Exam
The UPSC 2018 Mains exam is one month away and candidates who have cleared the prelims exam and qualified to the mains exam would be busy in preparing for the mains exam. IAS Aspirants’ who were pretty sure about qualifying to the mains exam and have the right strategy and books can go with their preparation without stopping for anything.
But candidates who were not sure about clearing the exam and surprisingly qualified to the mains exam if still looking for the right source for UPSC Mains preparations then it is for you we bring a list of must have books to ensure your preparation goes smooth and sound also effective.
Before going through the list of books or sources for the mains exam preparation, let’s take a quick peek of the UPSC Syllabus for IAS Mains Exam.
Click here to know the complete UPSC Syllabus for IAS Mains Exam (General Studies 4 Papers and optional Papers.)
Must have books or sources for GS Paper I of UPSC Mains Exam
The GS Paper I has three broad subjects and they are Indian Heritage and Culture, History, and Geography of the World and Society and there are 11 topics under GS Paper 1.
- Facets of Indian Culture
- A New Look at Modern Indian History: From 1707 to the Modern Times
- India’s Struggle for Independence by Bipan Chandra
- A brief history of Modern India (Rajiv Ahir IPS)
- History of the World by Arjun Dev and Indira Arjun Dev
- Social Problems in India by Ram Ahuja
- Contemporary Issues in Globalization by Soumyen Sikdar
- Certificate of Physical and Human Geography
- Indian and World Geography
Must have books or sources for GS Paper II of UPSC Mains Exam
- Introduction to the constitution of India
- Indian Polity 5th Edition
- Select Constitutions
- Our Parliament
- Public Institutions in India: Performance and Design
- Issues Relating to Social Development
- Governance in India
- Challenge and Strategy : Rethinking India’s Foreign Policy
Must have books or sources for GS Paper III of UPSC Mains Exam
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh
- Economic Survey 2016-17
- India 2015
- NCERT Books for Science and Technology
- NCERT Books and NIOS for Environment and Ecology
- Yojana for Disaster Management
Must have books or sources for GS Paper IV of UPSC Mains Exam
- Lexicon for Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude
- Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude by Nanda Kishore and Santhosh Ajmera
These are must have book lists to cover the GS Papers I, II, III, and IV of UPSC Mains Exam.