The UPSC Mains exam is very crucial, and candidates who clear the prelims exam need to put a lot of effort to crack the Mains Exam. IAS Aspirants’ who were pretty sure about qualifying to the UPSC mains exam and have the right strategy and books can go with their preparation without stopping for anything.
Aspirants looking for the right source for UPSC Mains preparations have reached the right destination as we bring a list of must-have books to ensure your preparation goes smooth and, also sounds effective.
Before going through the list of books or sources for the mains exam preparation, let’s take a quick peek of the UPSC Syllabus for IAS Mains Exam.
Click here to know the complete UPSC Syllabus for IAS Mains Exam (General Studies 4 Papers and optional Papers.)
|IAS Exam||UPSC Books|
|UPSC 2021||UPSC Notes|
|UPSC Syllabus||UPSC Calendar 2021|
Must have books or sources for GS Paper I of UPSC Mains Exam (UPSC Mains GS books)
The GS Paper I has three broad subjects, and they are Indian Heritage and Culture, History, and Geography of the World and Society, and there are 11 topics under GS Paper 1.
- Facets of Indian Culture
- A New Look at Modern Indian History: From 1707 to the Modern Times
- India’s Struggle for Independence by Bipan Chandra
- A Brief History of Modern India (Rajiv Ahir IPS)
- History of the World by Arjun Dev and Indira Arjun Dev
- Social Problems in India by Ram Ahuja
- Contemporary Issues in Globalization by Soumyen Sikdar
- Certificate of Physical and Human Geography
- Indian and World Geography
Refer to the UPSC Mains GS 1 Strategy, Syllabus and Structure in the linked article.
Get topic-wise GS 1 questions of UPSC Mains from the linked article.
Must have books or sources for GS Paper II of UPSC Mains Exam
- Introduction to the constitution of India
- Indian Polity 6th Edition
- Select Constitutions Of The World
- Our Parliament
- Public Institutions in India: Performance and Design
- Issues Relating to Social Development
- Governance in India
- Challenge and Strategy: Rethinking India’s Foreign Policy
Refer to the UPSC Mains GS 2 Strategy, Syllabus and Structure in the linked article.
Get topic-wise GS 2 questions of UPSC Mains from the linked article.
Must have books or sources for GS Paper III of UPSC Mains Exam
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh
- Economic Survey 2019-20/20-21
- NCERT Books for Science and Technology
- NCERT Books and NIOS for Environment and Ecology
- Yojana for Disaster Management
Refer to the UPSC Mains GS 3 Strategy, Syllabus and Structure in the linked article.
Get topic-wise GS 3 questions of UPSC Mains from the linked article.
Must have books or sources for GS Paper IV of UPSC Mains Exam
- Lexicon for Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude
- Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude by Nanda Kishore and Santhosh Ajmera
Refer to the UPSC Mains GS 4 Strategy, Syllabus and Structure in the linked article.
Get topic-wise GS 4 questions of UPSC Mains from the linked article.
|IAS Toppers||IAS Salary|
|UPSC Cut Off||UPSC Prelims 2020 Question Paper PDF|
|NCERT Notes for UPSC||UPSC Books|