The Eligibility Criteria for RPSC RAS exam comprises age limit, nationality, and educational qualification.
RPSC stands for the Rajasthan Public Service Commission.
The RPSC is a constitutional body that conducts recruitment exams and advises the state government on recruitment, transfers, disciplinary actions etc.
RPSC conducts several recruitment exams for filling Group A, B and C vacancies in the state of Rajasthan.
The Eligibility Criteria for the exams are given in the RPSC notification for the particular exam on its official website – https://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in
Please note before applying for RPSC RAS 2021:
RAS Exam Eligibility
The RPSC conducts the Rajasthan State and Subordinate Services Combined Competitive Exam to fill Group A and Group B vacancies.
The above exam is also referred to as RAS/RTS exam.
RAS stands for the Rajasthan Administrative Service while RTS is Rajasthan Taxation Service.
Hence, the following eligibility details are the same for about 20 state services and 15 subordinate services, recruitment for which is done through the RAS/RTS exam.
The detailed eligibility for RAS Exam 2021 is given in the official RPSC notification. The RAS notification 2021-22 notification is out.
RPSC Notification 2021:- Download PDF Here
Candidates can also compare the UPSC Eligibility Criteria with that of the RAS Exam.
RAS Age Limit
For RAS Exam 2021, the age limit is:
- Minimum Age – 21 years (as on 01/01/2022)
- Maximum Age – 40 years (as on 01/01/2022)
For non-gazetted employees, the age limit is:
- Minimum Age – 25 years (as on 01/01/2022)
- Maximum Age – 45 years (as on 01/01/2022)
The Maximum age limit means the candidate must not have attained that age on the prescribed date.
As per the RPSC recruitment rules, there are provisions of age relaxation for different categories.
Age Limit Relaxation
|Category||Relaxation in Upper Age Limit|
|SC/ST/OBC Male Candidates/EWS Males (Rajasthan)||5 years|
|SC/ST/OBC Female Candidates/EWS Females (Rajasthan)||10 years|
|Female Candidates (General Category)||5 years|
|Widow Candidates/Divorced Women||No Upper Age Limit|
|Person With Disability – General Category||10 years|
|Person With Disability – OBC||13 years|
|Person With Disability – SC/ST||15 years|
The RAS Eligibility Criteria also include relaxation in upper age limit for:
- For persons serving in Rajasthan state administration in a substantive capacity
The Eligibility Details and Qualifications for the same are given below:
- The provision of upper age limit relaxation is non-cumulative in nature. Candidates can not claim age relaxation in more than one category.
- There is no mention of a restriction on the number of attempts for RAS Exam in the eligibility details. Candidates should meet the age criteria and post specific eligibility (if any).
- There can be post-specific physical fitness requirements.
- Candidates must be Indian Citizens.
- Candidates who don’t have a Rajasthan domicile will be treated as a General Category.
|Worried about how to prepare for the RAS Exam?
It is not very difficult to prepare for the RAS Examination given you have the right strategy to prepare for the Rajasthan Administrative Services exam. The examination pattern is inclined towards the UPSC exam pattern and various topics included in the RAS exam syllabus are also broadly covered in the IAS exam. The right books, notes, and preparation tips are mentioned at the RAS preparation post. Candidates can check the post and learn how to prepare for the examination and increase the chances to crack it in the first attempt.
Check the RAS Preparation right now and start preparing!
RAS Educational Qualification
The candidate must hold a graduate degree (any stream) from:
- University incorporated by an Act of the Central Legislature or
- University incorporated by an Act of the State Legislature or
- Other Educational Institution established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as one under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956 or
- Possess an equivalent qualification recognised by the Government in consultation with the RPSC
Candidates who are in their final year of graduation can also apply for the RAS Pre Exam, but they need to submit proof of passing before the Mains stage.
Eligible candidates can refer to the articles below for more information on the RAS Exam: