The University Grants Commission (UGC) of India is a statutory body set up by the union government in accordance to the UGC act 1956 under HRD ministry. The head office of the UGC is located in New Delhi. It has been mandated to initiate important decisions and dialogues which have an important bearing on the entire student population of the country .The three primary functions of UGC include
- Supervise the distribution of grants to universities and colleges in India.
- Providing scholarships and fellowships to beneficiaries
- Monitoring conformity to its regulations by universities and colleges.
Consider the following statements:
- The University Grants Commission (UGC) of India is a statutory body.
- It is under Ministry of Human resource development.
Which of the following statements is/are correct?
A) Only 1
B) Only 2
C) Both 1and 2
D) Neither 1 nor 2