TABLE OF CONTENTS
GSI launched the GSI Mobile App (Beta Version).
- The GSI has launched this mobile app in a bid to make itself more accessible to the people.
- Through the App, the people will become more enlightened about the various facets of GSI activities.
- It is also in line with the Digital India campaign initiated by the Central Government.
- The App is divided into various sections where it talks about the legacy of GSI, the in-house publications of the organisation, various case studies on different missions of GSI, the picture gallery, etc.
- It also deals with various maps, videos and downloads of GSI work.
- The app also gives information about the career opportunities and training facilities available with the GSI.
- Apart from bringing GSI closer to the public, the app is also expected to appraise the student community of the subject of geology.
Know more about the Geological Survey of India in PIB dated Jan 21, 2020.
DBT-BIRAC supported ZyCoV-D developed by Zydus Cadila Receives Emergency Use Authorization.
- Zydus Cadila has received approval for Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) for ZyCoV-D.
- ZyCoV-D is the world’s first and India’s indigenously developed DNA based vaccine for COVID-19 to be administered in humans including children and adults (12 years and above).
- This is a three-dose vaccine and is the sixth vaccine authorised for use in the country.
- ZyCoV-D is the world’s first plasmid DNA vaccine against the coronavirus. It uses a section of genetic material from the virus that gives instructions as either DNA or RNA to make the specific protein that the immune system recognises and responds to.
Read previous PIB here.
August 20th, 2021, PIB:- Download PDF Here