TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. 8th International Conference on Pharma and Medical Device Sector 2. Cheetah Project Steering Committee 3. 14th Clean Energy Ministerial and 8th Mission Innovation meeting
Syllabus: GS 3, Economy.
Mains: Pharmaceutical Sector.
Prelims: 8th International Conference on Pharma and Medical Device Sector.
- The Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Dr Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurated the 8th International Conference on Pharma and Medical Device Sector.
- The conference is being organized by the Department of Pharmaceuticals along with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) to promote India as a manufacturing hub of medical products in the pharmaceutical and Medical Device Sector.
- National Medical Devices Policy, 2023, and the Export Promotion Council for Medical Devices were also introduced during the event.
- The ‘Assistance for Medical Devices Clusters for Common Facilities (AMD-CF)’ scheme was also introduced.
- It intends to develop and strengthen common infrastructure facilities in the medical devices clusters. Moreover, fortify testing facilities for medical devices.
- It was highlighted that the pharmaceutical sector is a sunrise sector with great potential.
- It is an annual flagship conference.
- The theme of the medical device sector is “Sustainable MedTech 5.0: Scaling and Innovating Indian MedTech”.
- While the theme of the Pharmaceutical sector is “Indian pharma industry: Delivering Value through Innovation.
Syllabus: GS 3, Environment and Ecology.
Prelims: Cheetah Project Steering Committee.
Mains: Cheetah Project Steering Committee and its functions.
- A Cheetah Project Steering Committee has been constituted by National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA).
- It aims to review, progress, monitor, and advice the Cheetah introduction project in Madhya Pradesh.
- The terms of reference of the task force are as follows:
- To review, progress, monitor, and advice on the Cheetah introduction to the Madhya Pradesh Forest Department and NTCA.
- Opening the Cheetah habitat for eco-tourism and suggesting regulations.
- Suggestions on community interface and for their involvement in the project activities.
- The Steering Committee shall be in force for a period of two years and will hold at least one meeting every month, besides taking field visits as and when required.
- The Committee may invite any expert for consultation, as and when required.
- The panel of International Cheetah experts shall be consulted for advice or invited to India as per specific requirements.
- The NTCA, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change would facilitate the working of the said committee.
- The travel costs for non-official members and other incidental expenses would be borne by the NTCA as per extant rules.
Syllabus: GS 3, Economy.
Prelims: Clean Energy Ministerial and Mission Innovation.
Mains: Renewable energy.
- The 14th Clean Energy Ministerial and 8th Mission Innovation meeting (CEM14/MI-8) will be held in Goa from the 19th to the 22nd of July, 2023.
- These meetings will be held on the sidelines of the G20 Energy Transitions Ministerial Meeting.
- The theme of the meetings is “Advancing Clean Energy Together”.
- Several high-level meetings and side events will be held during the event.
- A website and logo were also launched for the same.
- The logo depicts the diversity of engagement among countries and partners. It highlights renewable sources like sun, wind, and energy.
- Furthermore, the crest and trough in the logo using green and blue implies the variability of renewable energy resources and the blend emphasizes the first fuel of energy efficiency.
- The meeting will provide a platform to discuss issues such as the adoption of green hydrogen towards Net Zero, the formulation of common standards for international trade in green hydrogen, and the concept of the whole world going green.
Clean Energy Ministerial:
- It was established in 2009 to:
- Promote schemes and policies that advance clean energy technology.
- Share the experience and best practices
- Encourage the transition to a global clean energy economy
- In 2013, India hosted the 4th Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM-4).
- It has 29 members Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, and the United States along with the European Commission.
- It is a Ministerial-level global forum of 23 Countries and the European Commission.
- It aims to accelerate the Clean Energy revolution and progress towards the Paris Agreement goals and pathways to Net Zero.
For more details, read here: https://byjus.com/free-ias-prep/mission-innovation/
Read the previous PIB articles here.
May 26th, 2023, PIB:- Download PDF Here
|Empowering Women, Empowering the Nation||Indian Judiciary|
|Vishakha Case||Sexual Harassment At Work Place|