TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Anti-Diabetics Ayurvedic Drug Bgr-34 2. Soil Health Card Scheme 3. Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY) 4. Skill India
Usage of Anti-Diabetics Ayurvedic Drug Bgr-34.
About the drug:
- Drug Bgr-34 was developed by National Botanical Research Institute (NBRI) and Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CIMAP), research units functioning under the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
- It has been available to patients since 2015.
Also read: National AYUSH Mission
Study on ‘Soil Testing Infrastructure for Faster Delivery of Soil Health Card in India’ conducted by the National Productivity Council (NPC).
- The study conducted in 2017 found that the application of fertilizer and micronutrients based on Soil Health Card (SHC) recommendations resulted in 8-10% of savings.
- It also found that the yield of crops increased to the tune of 5-6%.
Read more on the Soil Health Card Scheme in the link.
21.52 crore loans extended to women borrowers under Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY) since inception.
Read more on the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana in the linked article.
4. Skill India
Skill India launched a scheme to upskill Street Food Vendors in East Delhi.
- With an aim to formalize the unorganised sector and upskill the street food vendors, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) announced a plan to skill the street vendors of East Delhi.
- This would make them eligible for e-cart licenses, improve the hygiene conditions in food preparation and aesthetics of vending.
- The initiative will be implemented under the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) component of the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) 3.0.
- The objective of this programme is to provide relevant skills to the Street Food Vendors, leading towards better services to consumers, more opportunities to vendors for revenue generation, awareness on regulations and stipulated rules, in return providing better services to the local bodies.
- The project will be implemented by the Tourism and Hospitality Sector Skill Council (THSSC) and training partners of the National Skill Development Council (NSDC).
Read previous PIB here.
November 30th, 2021, PIB:- Download PDF Here