Housing for All scheme was an initiative of the Indian government to establish housing facilities for slum dwellers. It was introduced by the Indian government’s Ministry of Housing and urban poverty Alleviation.
This is also known as the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. It is for both people residing in urban and rural areas that fulfil certain criteria.
This is an important topic for IAS exam aspirants.
How to apply for PMAY Scheme?
To apply for the PMAY scheme, you can follow the step mentioned below:
- Got to the homepage of the PMAY (pmaymis.gov.in)
- Click on the Citizenship Assessment section on the top navigation bar.
- Select the relevant option as required
- Enter the Aadhar number and name
- You will be redirected to the application page. Fill and save the application.
- Later, you can check the status of the application on the main website.
Who are eligible for PMAY scheme?
Eligibility for PMAY scheme are mentioned below:
- The maximum age limit of the beneficiary is 70 years.
- The beneficiary should have a family that comprises of husband, wife and unmarried children.
- The beneficiary should not own a Pucca House either in their names or in the name of any member of the family in any state of India.
- The annual income should be between 3 lakhs to 6 lakhs if the beneficiary is from LIG (Low Income Group).
- Membership of one adult female member of the family is mandatory in ownership of the house.
Is the PMAY scheme applicable to rural areas?
Yes, this scheme can be availed by people residing in rural areas. This can be availed under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin scheme.