TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Exercise Mitra Shakti 2. Exercise Cambrian Patrol 3. Exercise Yudh Abhyas 4. Food Tech Summit 2021
Indo-Sri Lankan joint military exercise Mitra Shakti culminates in Ampara, Sri Lanka.
Know more about Ex Mitra Shakti in the linked article.
Indian Army team won the gold medal in Exercise Cambrian Patrol organised at Brecon, Wales (UK).
- Ex Cambrian Patrol is referred to as the ‘Olympics of Military Patrolling’ among militaries in the world.
- Organised by the UK Army, it is considered the ultimate test of human endurance and team spirit.
- The Indian Army team participated in the event and competed against a total of 96 teams which included 17 international teams representing Special Forces and prestigious regiments from around the world.
- During the exercise, teams were assessed for their performance under harsh terrain and inclement cold weather conditions which presented various challenges in addition to the complex real-world situations painted to them so as to assess their reactions in combat settings.
Ex Yudh Abhyas commences at joint base Elmendorf Richardson, Alaska (USA).
Know more about Exercise Yudh Abhyas in the linked article.
Food Tech Summit 2021 organised by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries on ‘World Food Day’.
- The Food Tech Summit 2021 aimed at setting the stage for all food-tech stakeholders to impart, discuss and acquaint micro enterprises on the new emerging trends in food processing and technological innovation.
- The Food Tech Summit is one of a kind initiative by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries along with the support of distinguished industry experts to educate and guide the stakeholders to make informed decisions in order to scale up their food business in the present scenario.
About World Food Day:
- October 16 is observed as World Food Day.
- It is an initiative by the Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations.
- This global event marks a day calling for worldwide awareness and collective action to combat the issue of hunger and ensure healthy diets for all.
- The theme this year is “Our actions are our future. Better production, better nutrition, better environment and a better life”.
- World Food Day was established in November 1979, as suggested by former Hungarian minister of agriculture and food Dr Pal Romany. It gradually became a way to raise awareness about hunger, malnutrition, sustainability and food production.
Also read: PMFME Scheme
Read previous PIB here.
October 16th, 2021, PIB:- Download PDF Here
|Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana||New Development Bank (NDB)
|Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana
||Global Hunger Index