TABLE OF CONTENTS
G-20 Agriculture Ministers’ meeting was held. Union Minister for Agriculture addressed the session virtually.
- The theme of this session was “Working together to achieve the Zero Hunger goal: successful projects implemented by the Ministries of Agriculture”.
- Points mentioned by the Minister:
- The United Nations has accepted the proposal of the Government of India and declared the year 2023 as the International Year of Millets.
- He talked about the biofortification of cereals being done to fight malnutrition in the country.
- He also mentioned the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana wherein the government is providing an income support of Rs.6,000 per year to small farmers.
The table gives links to the other schemes mentioned by the minister in the meeting.
|Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana||Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana|
|Mid Day Meal Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana|
Read previous PIB here.
September 19th, 2021, PIB:- Download PDF Here