TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. One-Horned Rhinos 2. Ayushman Bharat PMJAY 3. India-Australia Joint Working Group (JWG) on “Coal and Mines” 4. Government e-Marketplace 5. Sign Language Day
PM lauded Team Assam for efforts for well-being of single-horned Rhinos.
About the Indian Rhinoceros:
- The Indian Rhinoceros (Rhinoceros unicornis) is a rhinoceros species native to the Indian Subcontinent.
- It is distinguished from the other rhinoceros species by the presence of a single horn.
- Its IUCN status is ‘Vulnerable’.
Know more about the Indian Rhinoceros in the linked article.
Ayushman Bharat PMJAY completed three years.
Know more about Ayushman Bharat in the linked article.
First India-Australia Joint Working Group (JWG) on “Coal and Mines” held virtually.
- The first Joint Working Group (JWG) meeting on “Coal and Mines” between India and Australia was held as a precursor to the upcoming India-Australia Energy Dialogue scheduled to be held in October 2021.
- The discussions focused on Indian coal resources in the present and future scenario, critical and strategic minerals demand and supply scenario & engagements with Australian counterparts, India – Australia collaboration on Clean Coal Technology, Surface Coal Gasification, Coal Bed Methane, sharing of Technology deployed for fire quenching, Coal Based Hydrogen, Carbon Capture Utilization & Storage (CCUS).
- Avenues for Business to Business collaboration on coal technology, transfer of technology, cooperation on skill development and training, issues related to coking coal import from Australia were also discussed.
Also read: Commercial mining of coal
Government e-Marketplace bags prestigious CIPS Award.
- Government e-Marketplace (GeM) was announced as the winner in the “Best Use of Digital Technology” category at the CIPS Excellence in Procurement Awards 2021 (CIPS Awards).
- GeM is a 100% Government owned Section 8 Company setup under the aegis of Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry for procurement of goods and services by Central and State Government organizations.
Know more about Government e-Marketplace in the linked article.
About CIPS Award:
- The CIPS Awards are one of the leading recognitions around procurement globally, which is conducted under the aegis of The Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS), London.
- CIPS is a global not-for-profit organisation and professional body dedicated to promoting good practices in procurement and supply management, with a community across 150 countries.
23 September is observed as Sign Language Day.
About Sign Language Day:
- The UN General Assembly has proclaimed 23 September as the International Day of Sign Languages in order to raise awareness of the importance of sign language in the full realization of the human rights of people who are deaf.
- The theme for 2021 is “We Sign For Human Rights”, declared by the World Federation of the Deaf.
- The first International Day of Sign Language was observed across the world on September 23, 2018.
- The International Week of the Deaf was first celebrated in September 1958 and has since evolved into a global movement of deaf unity.
Read previous PIB here.
September 23rd, 2021, PIB:- Download PDF Here