24 September 2023 PIB
Download PDF Here
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Exercise Yudh Abhyas-23 2. Ek Tareekh Ek Ghanta Ek Saath 3. India’s First Lighthouse Festival opens in Goa
Syllabus: GS-2, International relations
Prelims: Exercise Yudh Abhyas-23
Context: The 19th edition of “EXERCISE YUDH ABHYAS” will be conducted from 25th September to 8th October 2023 in Alaska, USA.
- It is an annual exercise conducted jointly by the Indian Army and the United States Army.
- The previous edition of the Exercise was conducted in Auli, Uttarakhand, India in November 2022.
- The theme of the Exercise is ‘Employment of an Integrated Battle Group in Mountain/ Extreme Climatic Conditions’ under Chapter VII of the United Nations mandate.
- Personnel from both sides will also hold detailed discussions to share their experiences and best practices.
- Both sides will practice a series of tactical drills to enhance interoperability in conducting UN peacekeeping operations.
- Indian Army contingent comprising 350 personnel will participate in this edition of the Exercise.
Syllabus: GS-2, Social justice
Prelims: Ek Tareekh Ek Ghanta Ek Saath
Context: On the 105th episode of Mann Ki Baat, Prime Minister, appealed for 1 hour of shramdaan for swachhata at 10 am on 1st Oct by all citizens collectively will be a ‘swachhanjali’ to Bapu on the eve of his Jayanti.
- Nine years ago, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi,gave a clarion call for swachhata in 2014.
- Citizens from all walks of life reciprocated with immense enthusiasm taking the ownership for Swachh Bharat.
- As a result,swachhata became a national behavior and Swachh Bharat Mission became a household name.
- As a run up to Gandhi Jayanti, a unique call to action has been given by the Prime Minister to fellow citizens.
- Speaking on Swachhata Hi Seva abhiyan, he said, “A big event on cleanliness is going to be organized on the 1st of October i.e. Sunday at 10 am. You too should take out time and help in this campaign related to cleanliness. You can also join this cleanliness campaign in your street, or neighborhood or at a park, river, lake or any other public place.”
Syllabus: GS-1, Art and culture
Prelims: First Lighthouse Festival
Context: The Union Minister of Ports, Shipping & Waterways inaugurated the maiden edition of ‘Bharatiya Prakash Sthamb Utsav’ or Indian Lighthouse Festival at the historic Fort Aguada in Panjim,Goa on 23rd September 2023.
- The festival is aimed at rejuvenating the rich maritime history of India’s 75 iconic lighthouses and unraveling the illustrious stories to the world.
- The Ministry of Ports, Shipping & Waterways, is aiming to leverage the Indian Lighthouse Festival to shore up the base for Public Private Partnership route to develop the historic into world class tourist destinations.
- The Directorate General of Lighthouses and Lightships has already identified 75 such lighthouses, and this festival is a testament to the commitment of the government to celebrate and preserve our maritime heritage.
Read the previous PIB articles here.
|ASEAN-India Maritime Exercise (AIME)||Indian National Army (INA)|
|List of Joint Military Exercises of the Indian Army||Stubble Burning|
|Swachh Bharat Abhiyan||Swachh Survekshan 2022|