The hall ticket or the admit card for the IPS exam is a vital document that is required to be allowed to enter the examination hall. The IPS Admit Card can be downloaded at least two to three weeks before the date of the exam. Candidates can download the admit card of the UPSC CSE preliminary exam from the official website link https://upsc.gov.in/.
The civil service exam, like the IPS, is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. UPSC will tentatively release the IPS Admit Card 2022 for the preliminary exam by mid-May next year. The IPS Preliminary Exam will happen on 5th June 2022.
In this article, we shall discuss the aspects of the UPSC call letter, related dates, steps to download it and more. To learn more about the IPS Exam, visit the linked article.
Last-minute touches on your civil services exam’s preparation! Refer to the links given below:
Steps for IPS Admit Card Download
The steps given below will help the candidate download the admit card for the IPS exam.
Step 1: Go to the official website, https://upsc.gov.in/
Step 2: Click on the link to the e-Admit Card
Step 3: Thee-Admit Cards links for various UPSC exams will be visible. Click on the e-admit card for the IPS exam.
Step 4: Write the Registration number or Roll number
Step 5: Download and print a copy of the admit card
Candidates must know that no one without the admit card will be allowed to enter the exam centre and appear for the UPSC Prelims exam. The Prelims Hall Ticket acts as proof that the applicant’s candidature has been accepted and he/she is eligible to appear for the paper.
Information & Details on the IPS Admit Card
The IPS admit card 2022 will have the following details of the candidate.
- Candidate’s name
- Photo of the candidate
- Registration Number
- Roll Number
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Venue of Examination
- Name of the Centre (address)
- Instructions that need to be followed at the exam centre
The candidate should download the admit card and take note of the exam centre venue beforehand. The candidates are also advised to reach the venue with enough time at hand.
To check the list of IPS Prelims Exam Centres as notified by the conducting body, visit the linked article.
Aspirants looking forward to applying for the upcoming years can refer to the links given below and analyse the GS Paper I and II for IAS Prelims 2021:
IPS Exam Timing
The IPS preliminary exam comprises two papers. The tentative timings of the exams of the two papers (according to last year’s database) are as follows:
General Studies-1 Paper – 9:30 A.M. to 11:30 A.M.
General Studies-2 Paper (CSAT) – 2:30 P.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Important instructions given in the IPS Admit Card
- Candidates should carry a photo identity proof along with the admit card.
- Candidates are advised to carry a black ballpoint pen to mark the right answer in the OMR sheet in the preliminary exam.
- The candidate should reach the exam centre venue at least 30 minutes before the reporting time.
- All the instructions mentioned in the e-admit card must be read carefully by the candidate. Any discrepancy noted by the invigilators may lead to the candidates’ disqualification from the exam.
- Electronic devices or equipment like Mobile phones, cameras, calculators, smartwatches, storage media devices, Bluetooth devices, or any other equipment or electronic devices are not allowed inside the exam hall.
- If the candidate carries any valuable or expensive to the exam centre, then in case of any loss, the Commission will not be held responsible.
- The COVID-19 protocols should be kept in mind. Keeping in mind the COVID-19 protocol, Candidates should follow social distancing in the centre. Candidates need to wear a mask or face shield in order to cover their faces.
- A transparent and small bottle of hand sanitiser can be carried to the exam centre.
The candidates are advised to carry their admit cards to the exam centre as no candidate without the admit card would be allowed to appear for the exam. For the last stage of the exam, that is, the Interview, the candidates need to download an interview call letter separately.
To know about UPSC Admit Card for Mains, check the linked article.
To get familiar with the UPSC Exam Pattern, aspirants can visit the linked article and get details of the paper pattern for the IAS prelims and mains examination.
Complement your civil services exam preparation with BYJU’S Free IAS Prep and get the latest and updated study material to ace in the upcoming examination.
Frequently Asked Questions on IPS Admit Card
Is it mandatory to take a colour print-out of the admit card?
Candidates can carry a black and white print-out of the IPS Admit card. All the details of the candidate should be visible.
Which identity proofs are allowed with the IPS Admit card 2022?
The identity proofs can be Pan Card, Aadhaar Card, Voter ID card, Passport, Driving Licence, etc. The identity proof should have the photo and other details of the candidate and a legit one.
Is it okay to carry the same admit card for all the stages of the exam?
A separate interview call letter needs to be downloaded by the candidate, who clears the Mains exam, who needs to download a separate interview call letter.