SLAT, or the Symbiosis Law Aptitude Test, is a common entrance for admission to BA LLB and BBA LLB courses offered by symbiosis law schools (SLSs). This university-level exam is conducted by Symbiosis international university (SIU) in computer-based format. The law programs are offered at the four law schools under the aegis of SIU – Symbiosis Law School NOIDA, Symbiosis Law School Pune, Symbiosis Law School Hyderabad, and Symbiosis Law School Nagpur. These institutes offer integrated programs like BA LLB (Hons.), BBA LLB (Hons.), BA LLB, and BBA LLB.
Candidates can also visit the linked article and get details about the upcoming government exams that comprise current affairs and general awareness as an important topic in the syllabus.
|Kickstart your competitive exam preparation now and complement it with the links given below:|
Aspirants preparing for SLAT 2023 must refer to the syllabus given by SIU for the entrance exams, which contains five sections – General Knowledge and current affairs, analytical reasoning, logical reasoning, English, and Legal Aptitude.
Topics in SLAT Exam
Here are the topics one should cover for their SLAT preparation:
- The topics covered under general knowledge and current affairs are histories, economics, geography, international bodies, current affairs of national and international importance, sports awards, and honors.
- There is elementary maths and algebra in the analytical section, profit loss, percentage, time, distance, work, etc.
- In English, the topics covered are vocabulary, grammar- tense, part of speech, idioms and phrases, analogies, one-word substitution, sentence improvement and rearrangement, error detection, etc.
- In legal reasoning, there are legal terms, the history of the Indian Constitution, fundamental rights, duties, DPSP, parliament, judiciary, executive and legislature, the law of torts, contracts law, IPC, CrPC, liability, intellectual property rights, important acts, and laws.
- And lastly, under logical reasoning, there are arguments and conclusions, sets and statements, puzzle blood relations, Series, syllogism, and Series.
SLAT Exam Books 2023
Being a challenging exam for the aspirants, mainly due to the vast syllabus and the consequent unfamiliarity, requires a lot of hard work and reference of good books for different sections of the test. Let us know section-wise books to consider for the exam as follows:
1. For G.K and Current affairs
For G.K and current affairs, books to consider are:
- Objective G.K by Lucent
- General knowledge by Disha experts
- Self-study by guide for LLB exam by Arihant experts
2. For English
For this section, books to look after are:
- Objective English for competitive exam by Tata McGraw Hill
- Quick learning objective General English, RS Aggarwal
- Objective English by SP Bakshi
3. Legal reasoning
Aspirants should be aware of legal terms for answering legal reasoning on Indian Constitution, rights, and duties of the citizens, Law of Torts, etc. and for this best books to consider are:
- Legal Aptitude and legal reasoning by A P Bharadwaj
- Legal awareness and legal reasoning by Pearson
- Wileys exam expert – Legal awareness by Amandeep Rajgotra
Given below are a few other related links for SLAT exam preparation:
|SLAT Admit Card||SLAT Result|
|SLAT Cut Off||SLAT Exam Centres|
|SLAT Question Paper||SLAT Exam Date|
4. For Logical Reasoning
This section will consist of 12 questions covering different chapters like arguments and conclusions, syllogism, and many more become good in this book to recommend are:
- Objective, logical reasoning by S Chand
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning, R S Aggarwal
- Universal’s logical reasoning for CLAT, LSAT, and Other law entrance exams by Jain Prateek.
5. For Analytical reasoning
For this section, candidates need to prefer:
- Verbal and Non-verbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal
- Logical and analytical reasoning by A K Gupta
- Analytical reasoning by M K Pandey
For the Best preparation strategy for competitive exams, candidates can visit the linked article and get detailed study material and preparation tips to excel in the examination.
Aspirants who shall be appearing for the exam for the first time and are willing to get some preparation tips and study material for the competitive exams can turn to BYJU’S for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions on SLAT Books
How many marks does each section carry?
Each section carries an equal weightage of 12 marks.
Is there an age limit to apply for the exam?
There is no such age-upper age limit to apply for the exam.
What is the total number of vacancies in slat?
The total number of seats offered is 1080.
Furthermore, candidates can get the latest exam updates, study material and preparation tips, at BYJU’S.