Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission conducts the UPPSC GIC Lecturer Exam, a state-level exam. The candidate aspiring to give the exam should carefully go through the UPPSC GIC Lecturer Exam pattern before appearing for the exam. There are around 1473 vacancies for the exam this year. Therefore, aspiring candidates have ample chances to crack this exam. The exam is taken in three stages. These stages of the exam are very important. They are preliminary and Mains. The candidate who qualifies in all the stages would be selected for document verification and clearing, ultimately making the candidate become a GIC lecturer.
Candidates can also visit the linked article and get details about the upcoming government exams that comprise current affairs and general awareness as an important topic in the syllabus.
|Kickstart your preparation for upcoming competitive exams now and complement it with the links given below:|
UPPSC GIC Lecturer Exam Pattern 2023
The candidates who are preparing for UPPSC GIC Lecturer Exam must be aware of exam pattern of prelims and mains stage of this exam. The exam pattern of UPPSC GIC Lecturer is discussed below in detail:
UPPSC GIC Lecturer Preliminary Exam
UPPSC GIC Lecturer Exam pattern details for the preliminary exam will be discussed in this paragraph. The candidates securing the minimum cut-off in the Prelims exam will qualify for the Mains exam. The following points will help the candidates understand more about the exam pattern for the Prelims.
- The questions in the Prelims stage of the UPPSC GIC Lecturer exam are objective.
- The total marks allotted for the Prelims are 300.
- The Prelim exam of the UPPSC LIC Lecture is divided into two parts – General Studies and Optional Subjects.
- The optional subjects are English, Sanskrit, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Hindi, and many more, which the candidate can choose according to their wish.
- The number of questions in total is 120
- The General Studies (GS) part consists of 40 questions, and the optional subjects comprise 80 questions.
- The total time given for the candidates is 2 hours.
Below is a table that can help the candidate summarise the important points for the Prelims.
|Parts||Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time|
|Part-1||General Studies||40||300||2 Hours|
The UPPSC GIC Lecturer Exam pattern details for the Prelims given over here will surely help the aspiring candidates practice the subjects and know the marks division and time of the exam.
Given below are a few other related links for UPPSC GIC Lecturer exam preparation:
|UPPSC GIC Lecturer||UPPSC GIC Lecturer Admit Card|
|UPPSC GIC Lecturer Answer Key||UPPSC GIC Lecturer Eligibility|
|UPPSC GIC Lecturer Books||UPPSC GIC Lecturer Exam Date|
|UPPSC GIC Lecturer Result||UPPSC GIC Lecturer Syllabus|
UPPSC GIC Lecturer Mains Exam
UPPSC GIC Lecturer exam pattern for the Mains exam is given in this paragraph. The important points for the Mains exam pattern of the UPPSC GIC Lecturer are given below.
- The UPPSC GIC Lecturer Mains exam generally consists of Descriptive type of questions.
- The total marks for the exam allotted are 400
- This exam, like the Prelim exam, is divided into two parts.
- The first part of the exam consists of General Hindi and Hindi Nibandh. The second part contains optional subjects like English, Sanskrit, History, biology, geography, mathematics, physics, Hindi, chemistry, etc.
- The first part of General Hindi and Hindi Nibandh contains 100 marks, and the second part of optional subjects consists of 300 marks.
- The time given for completing Part 1 is 2 hours, and Part 2 is 3 hours.
A table is given below, which helps the candidates understand the pattern of the Mains exam.
|Part-1||General Hindi||100||2 Hours|
|Hindi Nibandh or Essay|
|Part-2||Optional Subjects||300||3 Hours|
The candidate should judiciously use the time in the exam in each part by knowing the UPPSC GIC Lecturer Exam pattern details.
The candidates can get the updated details on the UPPSC GIC Lecturer exam pattern on the official website of the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission, https://uppsc.up.nic.in/. This exam is conducted to select candidates for Government intermediate colleges. The candidates must have Hindi as one of their 10th and 12th board subjects to be eligible for the exam. Even in the Mains exam, Hindi is a compulsory subject in the exam.
For the Best preparation strategy for competitive exams, candidates can visit the linked article and get detailed study material and preparation tips to excel in the examination.
Aspirants who shall be appearing for the exam for the first time and are willing to get some preparation tips and study material for the competitive exams can turn to BYJU’S for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions on UPPSC GIC Lecturer Exam Pattern
In case of an incorrect answer in UPPSC GIC Lecturer, will there be any negative marking?
There is a negative mark of 1/3 for every wrong answer. The candidates can find more details in the official website’s UPPSC GIC exam pattern details.
Is the interview taken in the UPPSC GIC Lecturer exam?
There is no interview taken in the UPPSC GIC Lecturer exam. The selection is completely based on the merit achieved by the candidate in the written exam.
How is the vacancy finalised for UPPSC GIC Lecturer?
The qualified candidates get finalised only after the document verification. The candidates have to show proper documents at the time of verification.
Furthermore, candidates can get the latest exam updates, study material and preparation tips, at BYJU’S.