The preliminary exam for the LIC Assistant post was conducted on October 30 and 31, 2019. After the declaration of the prelims results, the main exam was conducted for shortlisted candidates. Exam pattern of the preliminary and main exam for the LIC Assistant post is given in the tables below. All information pertaining to the upcoming LIC Assistant exam will be updated here as soon as it is available on the official website of LIC.
If you are preparing for various examinations conducted by the LIC, refer to the links given in the table below
|LIC HFL Syllabus||LIC ADO Syllabus|
|LIC syllabus||LIC AAO Preparation|
|LIC AAO Syllabus||LIC AAO eligibility|
Scheme of Exam for the LIC Assistant Post
LIC notifies vacancies for Assistant posts division-wise. Candidates who wish to apply for these LIC Assistant posts should go through the notification of the specific division to which they want to apply to. LIC has placed States/ UTs under eight Zones. The names of these zones are given below:
- Northern Zone (Jammu, Kashmir, Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan)
- North Central Zone (Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand)
- East Central Zone (Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha)
- Eastern Zone (West Bengal, North East states)
- Central Zone (Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh)
- South Central Zone (Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka)
- Southern Zone (Tamil Nadu, Kerala)
- Western Zone (Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa)
The preliminary exam pattern for all zones are the same, however, the Main exam pattern for the North/North Central/Central/Western regions differ from that of the Eastern/South Central/Southern zones.The details regarding the prelims and main exam pattern are given below.
Phase 1: Preliminary examination
The LIC Assistant exam is conducted in 2 phases, which is followed by a pre-recruitment medical examination. Phase-1 is the preliminary exam, which is of objective type and comprises multiple-choice questions. The prelims exam contains three sections (with separate timings for each section).The total duration for the LIC Assistant preliminary examination is 1 hour.
LIC Assistant Prelims Exam Pattern 2023
|Sections||Name of Test(s)||No. of Questions||Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language/Hindi Language||30||30||11||12||20 mins|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||13||14||20 mins|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||13||14||20 mins|
Points to Remember:
- English/Hindi Language test will be of qualifying nature and marks in the Language section will not be counted for ranking.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for main examination on the basis of marks obtained by them in Section 2 and 3 (given above) provided they obtain minimum qualifying marks in Section 1 i.e. English/Hindi Language.
Phase 2: Main Examination
The main examination is also of objective type containing multiple-choice questions of 200 marks. The main exam is held online and has separate timing for every section. The duration of the examination, number of sections etc are given in the tables below. The pattern of Main examination is different for North/North Central/Central/Western regions and Eastern/South Central/Southern zones. The exam pattern for these regions are given below.
LIC Assistant Main Exam Pattern 2023 (North/North Central/Central/Western)
|S.No.||Section||Number of Questions||Time (min)||Minimum Qualification
|4||Reasoning Ability and Computer Ability||40||30||14||16|
LIC Assistant Main Exam Pattern 2023 (Eastern/South Central/Southern)
|S.No.||Section||Number of Questions||Time (min)||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|4||Reasoning Ability and Computer Ability||60||40||22||24|
Points to Remember
- Candidates have to qualify in each section.
- There is negative marking and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The preliminary exam is of qualifying nature, hence, marks obtained in the prelims examination are not included to calculate the final scores of candidates.
- Candidates must obtain minimum qualifying marks in each section and also clear the overall cut-off to pass the examination.
Candidates who are preparing for other insurance exams can refer to the following links:
|Other Related Links|
|NICL Exam||NICL Syllabus|
|NIACL Exam||NIACL Syllabus|
|NIACL AO Recruitment||NIACL Assistant Recruitment|