LIC Assistants carry out several duties of clerical staff like the cashier, customer service executive, single window operator etc. in various branch offices of the Life Insurance Corporation. The LIC last notified vacancies for the Assistant post in 2019. The preliminary exam for the LIC Assistant post was conducted on October 30 and 31, 2019. Candidates who qualified in the prelims exam were eligible to write the Main exam. The main exam was held on December 22, 2019 and the results of the LIC Assistant exam were published on January 15, 2020.
Notification for the upcoming LIC Assistant exam is yet to be released. All information pertaining to the upcoming LIC Assistant exam will be updated here as soon as it is available on the official website of LIC.
If you are preparing for various examinations conducted by the LIC, refer to the links given in the table below
LIC Assistant VacanciesSeveral vacancies for various divisions throughout India were notified by the LIC for the Assistant posts in 2019. LIC has divided all the States/ UTs into eight Zones. The names of these zones are given below:
- Northern Zone (Jammu, Kashmir, Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan)
- North Central Zone (Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand)
- East Central Zone (Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha)
- Eastern Zone (West Bengal, North East states)
- Central Zone (Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh)
- South Central Zone (Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka)
- Southern Zone (Tamil Nadu, Kerala)
- Western Zone (Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa)
Candidates should visit the official website of LIC and download the division/zone-wise notification. Vacancies for each division varies, therefore candidates should carefully go through the notification of the division for which he/she plans to apply. Candidates are allowed to apply for one division only.LIC Assistant Salary and other BenefitsThe LIC Assistants salary includes basic pay and other allowances. More information on the allowances and emoluments are given below:
- The basic pay of a LIC Assistant (Clerk) is Rs. 14435/- per month in the scale of Rs. 14435-840(1)-15275-915(2)-17105-1030(5)-22255-1195(2)-24645-1455(3)-29010-1510(2)-32030-1610(5)-40080 and other admissible allowances as per rules.
- Other benefits include graduation increment, House Rent Allowance and City Compensatory Allowance, Defined Contributory Pension, Gratuity, Travel Allowance and Dearness Allowance, Cash Medical benefit, Group insurance etc. The total emoluments of a LIC Assistant comes to approximately Rs 30,000 per month in ‘A’ class city.
Important Exam Dates for LIC Assistant 2023. The notification for the upcoming LIC Assistant exam is expected to be released soon. Information related to the LIC Assistant exam dates will be made available on this page. To get an idea of the LIC Assistant exam process and duration of the entire exam cycle, go through the important exam dates related to the LIC Assistant 2019 exam given in the table below.LIC Assistant Eligibility CriteriaBefore applying for the LIC Assistant exam, candidates must carefully go through the eligibility criteria notified by the LIC for the Assistant exam. Candidates can refer to the following tables to get information on the eligibility criteria for LIC Assistant post like educational qualification and age limit for various categories.There is relaxation in upper age limit for various categories like Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe(ST), Other Backward Community(OBC), Ex-Servicemen etc. More information on age relaxation for various categories is given in the table below.
How to apply for the LIC Assistant Exam?
Candidates can apply for the upcoming LIC Assistant exam by following the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of the LIC i.e. licindia.in.
- Scroll down to the end of the homepage and click on the ‘Careers’ tab.
- Search for ‘Recruitment of Assistants” and click on the link.
- A new page will appear. Read the instructions given on the page and click on ‘Next Page’. Candidates should read the instructions carefully and apply for the exam. Before starting the application process, candidates should go to the link of the LIC Division of their choice and read details about the vacancies, other conditions and requirements carefully. They should select the LIC Zone based upon the State/ UT under which they wish to apply. States/ UTs are placed under eight Zones of LIC.
- Select ‘Click here to Apply Online’ link.
- A new page will open. Select ‘Click here for new registration’ and enter your name, contact details and email-id. A provisional registration number and password will be generated, which candidates should note down. An email & SMS comprising the provisional registration number and password will also be sent.
- Login using the provisional registration number and password, fill in the basic details and click on ‘Save and Next’.
- Validate your details and save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details’ and ‘Save & Next’ button.
- Upload the scanned photograph, signature, left thumb impression and a hand written declaration as per the specifications given in the official notification.
- Fill in other details in the online application form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- After verifying all the information, click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT’.
- Click on the ‘Payment’ Tab and pay the application fee along with other charges.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Take a printout of the application form for future reference.
Application Fee for LIC AssistantCandidates have to apply online for the LIC Assistant post. Exam fees for various categories (SC/ST/ PwBD) are given below.Application fee can be paid by using:
- Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro)
- Credit Cards
- Internet Banking
- Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets
On successful completion of the transaction, an e-receipt will be generated. If an e-receipt is not generated, the online transaction may not have been successful. Therefore, candidates should login again using their provisional registration number and password and repeat the process of payment. Candidates should take a printout of the e-receipt after paying the application fee.LIC Assistant Exam PatternThe LIC Assistant exam is conducted in 2 phases, which is followed by a pre-recruitment medical examination. More information on the 2 phases of the LIC Assistant examination is given below:Phase 1: Preliminary examinationThe preliminary exam is of objective type and comprises multiple-choice questions. The test contains threesections (with separate timings for each section).The total duration for the LIC Assistant preliminary examination is 1 hour.Points to Remember:
- English/Hindi Language test will be of qualifying nature and marks in the Language section will not be counted for ranking.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for main examination on the basis of marks obtained by them in Section 2 and 3 (given above) provided they obtain minimum qualifying marks in Section 1 i.e. English/Hindi Language.
Phase 2: Main ExaminationThe main examination is of objective type containing multiple-choice questions of 200 marks. The objective test is conducted online and has separate timing for every section. The total duration of the examination is 2 hours 30 minutes. More details related to the exam pattern of the Main exam, minimum qualifying marks for various categories, number of sections etc are given in the tables below. The pattern of Main examination is different for North/North Central/Central/Western region and Eastern/South Central/Southern zones. The exam pattern for these regions are given below.
Points to Remember
- Candidates have to qualify in each section.
- There is negative marking and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The preliminary exam is of qualifying nature, therefore, marks obtained in the preliminary examination are not included to calculate the final scores of candidates.
- Candidates must obtain minimum qualifying marks in each section and clear the overall cut-off also to pass the examination.
LIC Assistant Exam Admit CardLIC releases separate admit cards for preliminary and Main examinations. The admit card will comprise information related to the session of the exam, address of the exam venue, reporting time etc. Candidates should carry a photo ID proof, photocopy of the photo ID proof along with the call letter/admit card for the preliminary and Main examinations. Candidates should reach the exam centre at the reporting time mentioned in the admit card. The admit card for the LIC Assistant exam can be easily downloaded from the official website of LIC.LIC Assistant Exam ResultsLIC releases division-wise results for the Assistant exam. Candidates can download the final results from the official website of the LIC. The Main examination results of the LIC Assistant exam that was conducted in 2019 were declared on January 15, 2020. Selected candidates should contact the Manager (P&IR) of the division, details of which will be mentioned in the PDF comprising the result.LIC Assistant ProbationSelected candidates after being appointed as Assistants will be on probation for a period of 6 months from the date of appointment which can be extended upto 1 year.Candidates preparing for other insurance exams can refer to the links given below.
|LIC HFL Syllabus||LIC ADO Syllabus|
|LIC AAO eligibility||LIC AAO Preparation|
|LIC AAO Syllabus||LIC syllabus|
|LIC Assistant 2019 Important Exam Dates|
|1||Commencement of online registration of application||September 17, 2019|
|2||Closure of registration of application||October 1, 2019|
|3||Payment of online application fee||October 1, 2019|
|4||Download of Call Letter for Online Preliminary Examination||October 15, 2019
to October 22, 2019
|5||LIC Assistant 2019 Prelims Exam Date||Earlier October 21 and 22, 2019
Postponed to October 30 and 31
|6||LIC Assistant 2019 Main exam admit card release date||December 4, 2019|
|7||LIC Assistant 2019 Main Exam Date||December 22, 2019|
|8||Declaration of Result of the LIC Assistant 2019 Main Exam||January 15, 2020.|
|Educational Qualification and Age Limit for LIC Assistant Post|
|Educational Qualification||“Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3 pattern) in any discipline from a recognized Indian University/Institution”. For Ex-Servicemen:
(i) HSC (10+2+3 pattern): who have put in at least 10 years service
(ii) Matric: who have put in at least 15 years service
(iii) Non-Matric: 15 years service+ Indian Army special certificate exam or corresponding examination in Air Force and Navy
|Age||Minimum Age shall be 18 years (completed) as on 01.09.2019. Maximum age shall not be more than 30 years (candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.09.1989 and not later than 01.09.2001 both days inclusive only are eligible )|
|Age Relaxation for LIC Assistant Post|
|Age Relaxation||Relaxations in upper age limit for Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/Other Backward Community(OBC)/ Ex-Servicemen/Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) /Confirmed LIC employees shall be as under :|
|Scheduled Cast (SC)||5 years|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||5 years|
|PWD (General/EWS)||10 years|
|PWD (OBC)||13 years|
|PWD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen||The actual period of service rendered in defence services + 3 years subject to the maximum age limit of 45 years. (In case of Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST/OBC, maximum age limit of 50 years for SC/ST and 48 years for OBC)|
|Confirmed LIC Employees||Further relaxation of 5 years|
|Exam Fees for LIC Assistant Recruitment|
|UR/OBC||Rs. 510 + GST + Transaction Charges|
|ST/SC/PWD||Rs. 85 + GST + Transaction Charges|
|LIC Assistant Prelims Exam Pattern 2019|
|Sections||Name of Test(s)||No. of Questions||Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language/Hindi Language||30||30||11||12||20 mins|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||13||14||20 mins|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||13||14||20 mins|
|LIC Assistant Main Exam Pattern 2019 (North/North Central/Central/Western)|
|S.No.||Section||Number of Questions||Time (min)||Minimum Qualification
|4||Reasoning Ability and Computer Ability||40||30||14||16|
|LIC Assistant Main Exam Pattern 2019 (Eastern/South Central/Southern)|
|S.No.||Section||Number of Questions||Time (min)||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|4||Reasoning Ability and Computer Ability||60||40||22||24|
|Other Related Links|
|NICL Exam||NICL Syllabus|
|NIACL Exam||NIACL Syllabus|
|NIACL AO Recruitment||NIACL Assistant Recruitment|