Do you need well-structured and reliable NCERT Solutions for Class 2 English Unit 10 Poem? Check the NCERT Solutions given below for more details. This unit has a poem “Strange Talk” which imparts information to kids about different animals like frog, pig, duck and puppies, their habitats like a pond, sty, waterside and kennel and the sounds they make such as croak-croak, wee-wee, quack-quack and bow-wow. This lesson teaches young kids how to maintain effective communication skills.
Given below are the comprehensive NCERT Solutions, which are solved by our team of expert teachers. You can access the textbook solutions as per the latest CBSE English syllabus and download the NCERT Solutions given below. You can also download the different subjects NCERT Solutions for Class 2 in PDF format here and watch your child excel in his/her exam successfully.
Access Answers to NCERT Class 2 English Unit 10 Poem
Reading is fun
Are these sentences true or false?
- A little green frog said, “Quack-quack.”
- A little pig loved to make a row.
- A duck only said, “Croak-croak.”
- A pig cried aloud, “Wee-wee.”
- A little green frog said, “Quack-quack.” False
- A little pig loved to make a row. False
- A duck only said, “Croak-croak.” False
- A pig cried aloud, “Wee-wee.” True
Seema talks a lot and her brother calls her talkative. Do you think Seema should talk –
- when the teacher is teaching in class?
- on the playground?
- while she is eating?
- when Mother asks her about what happened in school?
Answer Yes or No.
• No, Seema should not talk when the teacher is teaching in class.
• Yes, Seema can talk while on the playground.
• No, Seema should not talk while she is eating.
• Yes, Seema should talk when Mother asks her about what happened in school.
Complete the questions with the words in the box –
Will Can What How Where When
1. _____________ is your name?
2. _____________ old are you?
3. _____________ do you play?
4. _____________ do you live?
1. ____What____ is your name?
2. ____How____ old are you?
3. ____When___ do you play?
4. ____Where___ do you live?
Tick ( ✔ ) the correct word.
- We did not (shoot/shout) in the class.
- Do you like to drink (water/voter)?
- He (tired/tried) to climb the tree.
- Will you (pleace/please) help me?
- I can (see/sea) with my eyes.
Make sentences using the following words.
1. Is: The name of my pet dog is Dolly.
2. Are: There are few children playing on the playground.
3. Have: I have two pencils and one eraser.
4. Has: Tom has a new toy bus.
5. Had: We had two classes in the morning.
Write five lines on My Pet.
- I have a pet cat.
- Her name is Kitty.
- She is very cute and adorable.
- She plays with me when I return from school every day.
- I love my pet, Kitty very much.
Now let’s enjoy this poem.
The Wise Old Owl
A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw, the less he spoke;
The less he spoke, the more he heard.
Why can’t we all be like that wise old owl?
We cannot be like the wise old owl because he is an experienced fellow who has grown old and has seen the world more than us. He is a good listener and speaks less. He has analysis power which makes him a wise fellow.
Look at the pictures and tell a story about The Talkative Tortoise.
The tale is about three good friends – two birds and a tortoise. The tortoise was a talkative fellow. One fine day all three of them decided to explore a new place. As the tortoise walks very slowly, the birds decided to take him with the help of a long wooden stick. They asked the tortoise to hold the stick with his mouth and they would carry him by holding it. Soon the birds started flying holding the stick from both its ends. Suddenly, the talkative tortoise opened his mouth to talk to his friends. Unfortunately, he lost his grip and fell directly on the ground and died. The two birds were shocked to see their tortoise friend fell to his death.
Let’s copy and write
Copy each question and then choose the right answer from the red box. One has been done for you.
2. Is the woman tall or short?
Answer: She is short.
3. Is the elephant big or small?
Answer: It is big.
4. Is the mouse big or small?
Answer: It is small.
5. Is the tree green or red?
Answer: It is green.
6. Is the house green or red?
Answer: It is red.