Provided here are the most accurate NCERT Solutions for Class 3 English Unit 3 Little by Little, covering each and every question in the textbook.
Little by Little is a poem that is about an apricot that grows little by little every day. The little apricot seed then grows into a huge oak tree.
You can also find the NCERT Solutions for Class 3 English for other units here. These solutions are crafted as per the latest guidelines of the CBSE board.
Access answers to NCERT Solutions for Class 3 English Unit 3 Little by Little
LITTLE BY LITTLE
READING IS FUN
Name the tree that the acorn grows into.
Acorn grows into the Oak tree.
What things does a seed need to grow?
A seed needs water, sunlight, soil and moisture to grow.
How many describing words can you find in this poem?
Following are the describing words in this poem:
Look at the two pictures. Find four things that are different about these trees and talk about them.
1. The tree in picture 1 is happy; the tree in picture 2 is sad and crying.
2. The tree in picture 1 is giving a lot to us humans; the tree in picture 2 is not getting anything from us.
3. The nest in the picture 1 is proper in shape; the nest in picture 2 is damaged by us.
4. The tree in picture 1 is laden with fruits; the tree in picture 2 does not have even a single fruit.
Look at Picture 1. Write three sentences on what the trees give us.
The trees give us fresh air to breathe.
They provide us fresh fruits and vegetables.
They also give us nutrition which are used in making medicines.
Now look at Picture 2.Write three sentences on how we harm the trees.
1. We use the wood of the trees for burning and other needs.
2. We damage the nests on the trees and force birds to fly away from their homes.
3. We use the stems of the trees to make furniture.
These words describe parts of a tree. Write them in the given space.
Stem: It assists the tree in standing straight
Bark: It is the outer-layer of the tree.
Leaves: Leaves prepare food for the tree.
Branch: The branches of the tree bear leaves, fruits and flowers.
Twigs: Twigs are the little shoots that grow from a stem or a branch of the tree.
Root: It is the part from where the tree begins to grow. This part grows inside the earth.
Shoot: It is the new growth from the seed germination.
Match the opposites. One has been done for you.