Are you searching for most useful NCERT Solutions for Class 3 English Unit 9? Check here to explore about the Unit 9 story. In this unit, there is a story called “He Is My Brother” which mentions about a young girl, Meena who carries her brother on her back to visit a holy place nearby. She loves her brother dearly and carries him on her back as he cannot walk.
The NCERT Solutions which are solved by our team of experts are given below. These NCERT Solutions are in accordance with the latest CBSE English syllabus. You can download all the units NCERT Solutions for Class 3 English in PDF format here and watch your child excel in his/her academics.
Access answers to NCERT Solutions for Class 3 English Unit 9 Story here
He Is My Brother
Reading is fun
Where were the people going?
The people were climbing a small hill to visit a holy place nearby.
What did the man say to Meena?
The man inquired to Meena why she was carrying the load of a small boy on her back.
Why do you think Meena was carrying her brother?
Meena was carrying her brother on her back because he was unable to walk and she loved him very much.
Choose the correct answer.
- What went up the hill? (a) a path, (b) a street, (c) a road, (d) a rail line
- What is the name of the girl in the story? (a) Seema, (b) Beena, (c) Meena, (d) Nina
- How old was Meena? (a) Ten, (b) Twelve, (c) Nine, (d) Eight
- How old was Meena’s brother? (a) Five, (b) Four, (c) Six, (d) Seven
- (a) a path
- (c) Meena
- (b) Twelve
- (b) Four
Fill in the blanks using the correct given words:
rat sip box rug cot den pit
- The boy fell in the ____________.
- I ____________ hot milk.
- The kid is in the ____________.
- My toy is in the ____________.
- The lion is in the _________________.
- The cat runs after the _________________.
- I sit on the _________________.
- The boy fell in the pit.
- I sip hot milk.
- The kid is in the cot.
- My toy is in the box.
- The lion is in the den.
- The cat runs after the rat.
- I sit on the rug.
Fill in the blanks with the opposite of the underlined word given in the sentence.
i. The rat ran in when the cat ran ____________.
ii. The lion is big but the ant is ____________.
iii. The giraffe has a long neck but owls’ are ____________.
iv. The sun appears in the day and the moon at ___________.
v. The tea is hot but the water is ____________.
vi. Trees are tall but the bushes are ____________.
vii. Ram was sad but Radha was ____________.
i. The rat ran in when the cat ran _____out______.
ii. The lion is big but the ant is ____small________.
iii. The giraffe has a long neck but owls’ are ___short________.
iv. The sun appears in the day and the moon at ___night_______.
v. The tea is hot but the water is ___cold_______.
vi. Trees are tall but the bushes are ____short_____.
vii. Ram was sad but Radha was ___happy_______.
What are the difficulties that a child who can’t see will face?
Some of the difficulties that a child who can’t see is likely to face the following:
- He will not be able to cross the road on his own.
- He will be able to play games with other children of his age group.
- He will not be able to watch television or movies.
- He will not be able to play computer games or study with the help of a computer.
Would you help a child who can’t walk to school?
Yes, of course. I would always help a child who’s facing difficulty in walking to school.
How can you help such a child and make the child feel one of you?
I would talk to him like a friend and support him as much as I can to make him feel as one of us. I would crack jokes with him so that we can enjoy laughing together. I would introduce him to all my friends as well.