NCERT Book Solutions Class 6 Social and Political Life – I Chapter 1
Everyone on this earth differs from each other in terms of appearance, behaviour, culture, region and so on. India can be considered as a country of vast diversity. Understanding diversity means to comprehend that each individual is unique. It also means to recognize our individual differences along the dimensions of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs and other ideologies. Students can learn more about these topics from these NCERT Solutions of Class 6 Civics Chapter 1 “Understanding Diversity”, which contains the solutions for the exercises given in the book “Social and Political Life”. This chapter talks about the meaning of diversity, how diverse our country is, the unity in the diversity of this nation and how diversity enriches our lives.
Students can download the NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Civics PDF below.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Civics (Social and Political Life) Chapter 1 Understanding Diversity:- Download PDF Here
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Civics Chapter 1- “Understanding Diversity”
The solutions for chapter 1, Understanding Diversity are given below. Students should also check NCERT Solutions for Class 6 for other subjects.
Questions Page No 12
- Draw up a list of the different festivals celebrated in your locality. Which of these celebrations are shared by members of different regional and religious communities?
Some of the festivals celebrated are Onam, Diwali, Holi, Krishna Janmasthami and Christmas. People across religious lines celebrate festivals like Onam, Holi, Christmas.
- What do you think, living in India with its rich heritage of diversity adds to your life?
We learn different languages from our friends. We enrich our lives by getting to
know the different cultural traditions. We learn from the different religious rituals
that are observed by our friends and neighbours.
- Do you think the term “unity in diversity” is an appropriate term to describe India? What do you think Nehru is trying to say about Indian unity in the sentence quoted above from his book The Discovery of India?
It is definitely an appropriate term. Our country has a huge population with people
from many different cultural backgrounds, different religions, people speaking different
languages and people following different traditions. Yet, this huge diverse nation is
always united and moves forward on the path of progress. Nehru is trying to say
that tolerance is very much ingrained in every Indian citizen.
- Underline the line in the poem sung after the Jallianwala Bagh massacre, which according to you, reflects India’s essential unity.
‘The blood of Hindus and Muslims flows together today’ is the line in the poem which reflects India’s essential unity.
- Choose another region in India and do a similar study of the historical and geographical factors that influence the diversity found there. Are these traditional and geographical factors connected to each other? How?
Students are advised to compare their region with any other region in India and study the factors that influence diversity
Understanding Diversity Summary
The NCERT Class 6 Social and Political Life Chapter 1 talks about the following topics:
- Making new friends from diverse backgrounds
- How diversity enriches our lives
- Diversity in India
- How do we explain the diversity
- Unity in diversity
‘Social and Political Life’ is an important book for Class 6 Social Sciences subject. Apart from this chapter, the full set of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science is given in the linked article.