NCERT Book Solutions Class 6 Social and Political Life – I Chapter 6
The 2011 Census reveals that there are 6,40,867 villages in India. If things have to run smoothly, the administration of these villages has to be extremely efficient. Take a look at the structure of rural administration of our country and the problems it faces. Chapter 6 of CBSE Class 6 Civics discusses the roles, responsibilities and duties of the police, patwari and the tehsildar. Meanwhile, our compilation of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Civics Chapter 6 “Rural Administration” covers the solutions for the exercises given at the end of the Chapter in the book ‘Social and Political Life’.
Students can download the NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Civics PDF below.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Civics (Social and Political Life) Chapter 6 Rural Administration:- Download PDF Here
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science Civics Chapter 6- “Rural Administration”
The solutions for chapter 6, Rural Administration are given below. Students should also check NCERT Solutions for Class 6 for other subjects.
Questions Page No. 56
1. What is the work of the police?
Every police station works within a geographical area assigned to it. When there are any cases of theft, accident, injury, fight etc; it is the responsibility of the police to investigate and take action.
2. List two things that the work of a Patwari includes.
- Measuring the land and keeping land records is the main job
- Each Patwari is responsible for a group of villages.
- Maintains and updates the records of the villages
3. What is the work of a Tehsildar?
- Collecting land revenue
- Providing caste certificates to the students
- Keeping a track of the work done by the Patwari
- Making sure that land records are kept safely.
4. What issue is the poem trying to raise? Do you think this is an important issue? Why?
The poem is trying to raise the issue of gender discrimination against women. When women cannot inherit their father’s property, it always goes to the sons. It is a very important issue, because in the eyes of the constitution all are equal. Hence, they should be given equal rights over their parents’ property.
5. In what ways are the work of the Panchayat, that you read about in the previous chapter, and the work of the Patwari related to each other?
Panchayat solves the land disputes and the Patwari maintains land records.
6. Visit a police station and find out the work that the police have to do to prevent crime and maintain law and order in their area especially during festivals, public meetings etc.
This is an activity that needs to be done by the students.
7. Who is in charge of all the police stations in a district? Find out.
Superintendent of Police is in charge of all the police stations in a district.
8. How do women benefit under the new law?
Now they can own the property of their parents. This has brought about a sense of security in their minds, so that it can help them financially in times of their needs.
9. In your neighbourhood, are there women who own property? How did they acquire it?
This is an activity for students.
Rural Administration Summary
The NCERT Class 6 Social and Political Life Chapter 6 talks about the following topics:
- Quarrel in a village
- Jurisdiction of police stations
- The work involved at the police station
- Maintenance of land records
- A new law
‘Social and Political Life’ is an important book for Class 6 Social Science subject. Apart from this chapter, the full set of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science is given in the linked article.