NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Our Pasts – I Chapter 10
In this chapter, students will learn about Samudragupta, Harshavardhana and South Indian kingdoms – their conquests and achievements. The exercise contains 8 questions, and we have provided answers to all these in NCERT Solutions Class 6 History Chapter 10 “New Empires and Kingdoms”. These solutions are created after an in- depth analysis on syllabus and exam pattern. Answers are written in simple language, so that it’s easy for students to understand. Studying these solutions will make their exam preparation simpler.
Students can download the NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History PDF below.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History (Our Pasts-I) Chapter 10 Traders, Kings and Pilgrims:- Download PDF Here
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History Chapter 10- New Empires and Kingdoms
The solutions for chapter 10, New Empires and Kingdoms are given below. Students should also check NCERT Solutions for Class 6 for other subjects.
Let’s Recall Page No 112
1. State whether true or false:
(a) Harishena composed a prashasti in praise of Gautamiputra Shri Satakarni.
(b) The rulers of Aryavarta brought tribute for Samudragupta.
(c) There were twelve rulers in Dakshinapatha
(d) Taxila and Madurai were important centres under the control of the Gupta rulers.
(e) Aihole was the capital of the Pallavas.
(f) Local assemblies functioned for several centuries in south India.
(a) Harishena composed a prashasti in praise of Gautamiputra Shri Satakarni. – False
(b) The rulers of Aryavarta brought tribute for Samudragupta.- False
(c) There were twelve rulers in Dakshinapatha – True
(d) Taxila and Madurai were important centres under the control of the Gupta rulers.- False
(e) Aihole was the capital of the Pallavas.- False
(f) Local assemblies functioned for several centuries in south India. – True
2. Mention 3 authors who wrote about Harshavardhana.
The 3 authors were.
- Xuan Zang
3. What changes do you find in the army of this time?
Changes can be found in
- Weapons Used
- Advancements in the type and range of weapons
- War strategies
- Mode of transportation of troops
4. What were the new administrative arrangements in this period?
- Administrative posts turned out to be hereditary
- On some occasions, one man had multiple posts.
5. What do you think Arvind would have to do if he was acting as Samudragupta?
Give importance to science, astronomy, music and art.
6. Do you think ordinary people would have read and understood the prashastis? Give reasons for your answer.
Ordinary people would not have read and understood the prashastis, since Sanskrit is not the language of ordinary people.
7. If you had to make a genealogy for yourself, who are the people you would include in it? How many generations would you like to show? Make a chart and fill it.
It is a class activity for the students.
8. How do you think wars affect the lives of ordinary people today?
- It affects the livelihood of people
- It affects the trade and business
- People may incur a personal loss due to the loss of lives of near and dear ones and the loss of property.
New Empires and Kingdoms Summary
The NCERT Class 6 History Our Pasts-I Chapter 10 talks about the following topics:
- Prashastis and what they tell us
- Samudragupta’s Prashasti
- Harshavardhana and Harshacharita
- Pallavas, Chalukyas and Pulakeshin’s Prashasti
- How were these kingdoms administered
- A new kind of army
- Assemblies in the Southern Kingdoms
- Ordinary people in the Kingdoms
To get answers to History, Civics and Geography subject visit NCERT Solutions Class 6 Social Science pages at BYJU’S.