NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Our Pasts – I Chapter 11
This chapter talks about advancements in the field of metallurgy, the skills required in building stupas, temples and the various books written in the past. At the end of the chapter, students will find questions related to these topics. The exercise consists of a total of 8 questions, out of which 1 is fill in the blank, 1 is match the following type question and the remaining are descriptive ones. In NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History Chapter 11 “Buildings, Paintings and Books”, we have provided the answers to all the questions. Students must go through these solutions to understand a better way of representing the answer in the exam.
Students can download the NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History PDF below.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History (Our Pasts-I) Chapter 11 “Buildings, Paintings and Books”:- Download PDF Here
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History Chapter 11- “Buildings, Paintings, and Books”
The Solutions for Chapter 11, Buildings, Paintings and Books are given below. Students should also check NCERT Solutions for Class 6 for other subjects.
1. Match the following.
|Stupa||Place where the image of the deity is installed|
|Mandapa||The circular path around the stupa|
|Garbagriha||Place in temples where people could assemble|
|Mandapa||Place in temples where people could assemble|
|Garbagriha||Place where the image of the deity is installed|
|Pradakshina patha||The circular path around the stupa|
2. Fill in the blanks
- ——————- was a great astronomer
- Stories about Gods and Goddesses are found in the —————–
- —————- is recognised as the author of the Sanskrit Ramayana.
- ———– and ———- are two Tamil epics.
- Aryabhata was a great astronomer.
- Stories about Gods and Goddesses are found in the Puranas
- Valmiki is recognised as the author of the Sanskrit Ramayana.
- Silappadikaram and Manimekalai are two Tamil epics
3. Make a list of the chapters in which you find mention of metal working. What are the metal objects mentioned or shown in those chapters?
Chapters 4, 7 and 8 mentioned metal working. The metal objects mentioned in those chapters were axe, ploughshare, sickle and sword.
These metals were used for various purposes.
Axe was used for cutting wood, ploughshare and sickle was used for farming, the sword was used for wars.
4. Read the story on page 122. In what ways is the monkey king similar to or different from the kings you read in chapter 5 and 10?
One similarity between the human king and monkey king is both worked for the welfare of their subjects.
One major difference between human king and monkey king is both monkey king did not wage wars, whereas the human king did wage wars.
5. Find out more and tell a story from one of the epics.
There are plenty of stories in epics, students can go through any of them and mention the same.
6. List some steps that can be taken to make buildings and monuments accessible to differently-abled people.
- Construction of ramps, this will help disabled people who are on wheelchairs
- Railing can be placed on the sidewalls of the staircase so that it helps as support while climbing
- Proper lighting
7. Try and list as many uses of paper as you can.
Paper is used in manufacturing the following
- Grocery bags
8. If you could visit any one of the places described in this chapter, which would you choose and why?
Students can share their personal story for the above question.
Buildings, Paintings and Books Summary
The NCERT Class 6 History Our Pasts-I Chapter 11 talks about the following topics:
- Iron Pillar
- Buildings in Brick and Stone
- How were Stupas and Temples Built
- The world of books
- Recording and preserving old stories
- Stories told by ordinary people
- Writing books on science
History – Our Pasts-I is an important book for Class 6 Social Science subject. Apart from this chapter, the full set of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science is given in the linked article.
Frequently Asked Questions on NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History Chapter 11
List some steps that can be taken to make buildings and monuments accessible to differently-abled people learnt in Chapter 11 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History.
2. Railing can be placed on the sidewalls of the staircase so that it helps as support while climbing
3. Proper lighting
What will students learn from the Chapter 11 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History?
Buildings in Brick and Stone
How were Stupas and Temples Built
The world of books
Recording and preserving old stories
Stories told by ordinary people
Writing books on science
To learn more about these topics in detail, students can refer to the NCERT Solutions created by subject experts at BYJU’S.
List the merits of using the NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History Chapter 11.
1. The NCERT Solutions strictly adheres to the latest CBSE syllabus and guidelines.
2. Illustrations, diagrams and charts are included in the answers to aid visual learning.
3. All the solutions are available in PDFs that can be downloaded for free.
4. Fundamental concepts are well explained in a simple and understandable language.