NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Chapter 11 Buildings, Paintings and Books
Chapter 6 of History talks about advancements in the field of metallurgy, the skills required in building stupas and temples and the various books written in the past. Students can find questions related to these topics at the end of the chapter. The exercise consists of a total of 8 questions, out of which 1 is ‘fill in the blank’, 1 is ‘match the following’ type question, and the remaining are descriptive types. In NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History Chapter 11 “Buildings, Paintings and Books”, we have provided the answers to all the textbook questions. Students must go through these solutions to understand the better way of writing answers in exams.
Students can download the NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History PDF below.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science History Chapter 11 – “Buildings, Paintings and Books”
The solutions for Chapter 11, Buildings, Paintings and Books, are given below. Students should also check NCERT Solutions for Class 6 for other subjects.
1. Match the following.
|Stupa||Place where the image of the deity is installed|
|Mandapa||The circular path around the stupa|
|Garbagriha||Place in temples where people could assemble|
|Mandapa||Place in temples where people could assemble|
|Garbagriha||Place where the image of the deity is installed|
|Pradakshina patha||The circular path around the stupa|
2. Fill in the blanks
- ——————- was a great astronomer
- Stories about Gods and Goddesses are found in the —————–
- —————- is recognised as the author of the Sanskrit Ramayana.
- ———– and ———- are two Tamil epics.
- Aryabhata was a great astronomer.
- Stories about Gods and Goddesses are found in the Puranas
- Valmiki is recognised as the author of the Sanskrit Ramayana.
- Silappadikaram and Manimekalai are two Tamil epics
3. Make a list of the chapters in which you find mentions of metal working. What are the metal objects mentioned or shown in these chapters?
In Chapters 4, 7 and 8, we can find mentions of metal working. The metal objects mentioned in these chapters are the axe, ploughshare, sickle and sword.
These metals were used for various purposes.
Axe was used for cutting wood, ploughshare and sickle were used for farming, and the sword was used for wars.
4. Read the story on page 122. In what ways is the monkey king similar to or different from the kings you read in Chapters 5 and 10?
One similarity between the human king and the monkey king is that both worked for the welfare of their subjects.
One major difference between the human king and the monkey king is that the monkey king did not wage wars, whereas the human king did wage wars.
5. Find out more and tell a story from one of the epics.
There are plenty of stories in epics, students can go through any of them and mention the same.
6. List some steps that can be taken to make buildings and monuments accessible to differently-abled people.
- The construction of ramps will help disabled people who are on wheelchairs
- Railings can be placed on the sidewalls of the staircase so that it helps as support while climbing
- Proper lighting
7. Try and list as many uses of paper as you can.
Paper is used in manufacturing the following:
- Grocery bags
8. If you could visit any one of the places described in this chapter, which would you choose and why?
Students can share their personal stories for the above question.
Buildings, Paintings and Books Summary
The NCERT Class 6 History Our Pasts – I Chapter 11 talks about the following topics:
- Iron Pillar
- Buildings in Brick and Stone
- How Were Stupas and Temples Built
- The World of Books
- Recording and Preserving Old Stories
- Stories Told by Ordinary People
- Writing Books on Science
History, Our Pasts – I, is an important book for Class 6 Social Science subject. Apart from this chapter, the full set of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 Social Science is given in the linked article.
Frequently Asked Questions on NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History Chapter 11
List some steps that can be taken to make buildings and monuments accessible to differently-abled people learnt in Chapter 11 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History.
2. Railings can be placed on the sidewalls of the staircase so that it helps as support while climbing
3. Proper lighting
What will students learn from Chapter 11 of NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History?
Buildings in Brick and Stone
How Were Stupas and Temples Built
The World of Books
Recording and Preserving Old Stories
Stories Told by Ordinary People
Writing Books on Science
To learn more about these topics in detail, students can refer to the NCERT Solutions created by subject experts at BYJU’S.
List the merits of using the NCERT Solutions for Class 6 History Chapter 11.
1. NCERT Solutions strictly adheres to the latest CBSE syllabus and guidelines.
2. Illustrations, diagrams and charts are included in the answers to aid visual learning.
3. All the solutions are available in PDFs that can be downloaded for free.
4. Fundamental concepts are well explained in simple and understandable language.