WBCHSE or the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education is one of the autonomous education boards in West Bengal. It is administered by the State Government and is responsible for conducting the Standard 12 exam or the Class 12 exam, which is popularly known as the WB HS exam. The Classes under WBCHSE include Classes 11 and 12. We have also provided the WBCHSE study materials here.
Table of Contents
- Latest Notifications
- About the WBCHSE HS Examination
- WBCHSE Board Overview
- West Bengal HS Board Study Materials
- West Bengal HS Board Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- WBCHSE Class 12 Exam Statistics
For the students who are preparing for the WB HS Exams, we have compiled in this article the best study materials. Students can just click on the provided links to access the resources such as the updated WBCHSE Uchcha Madhyamik Exam Pattern. Meanwhile, the resources that we have also provided below in this article, include the links to get the Class 12 WB Board Exam materials, such as the WB HS Syllabus, textbooks, previous year papers and the WB 12th Board Sample Papers.
- WBCHSE has released the revised time-table for the HS Examination, 2022.
- The WBCHSE has introduced an online mode of payment of examination fees, keeping in mind the COVID-situation. The offline mode will also continue to work alongside.
- The WBCHSE has extended the last date for enrollment for the HS Examination, 2022.
- The WBCHSE has released the dates for enrollment for the HS Examination, 2022 in schools, following social distancing norms.
- WBCHSE has released the full-marks allotted for the subjects for the Test Examination, 2022.
- The West Bengal Higher Secondary examination to be conducted in the home schools and the attendance of the students to be marked as per the Online Classes or NA.
- WBCHSE releases the list of the full marks allotted for the Test Examination, to be held within 31.12.2021, by the respective schools.
- The timetable for the WB Uchcha Madhyamik Examinations, 2022 has been released.
About the WBCHSE HS Examination
The WB 12th Board Exams are conducted by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE) in the month of March. The Class 12 WB HS Board lays the foundation for further studies, as the passing marks scored in this year determines the stream which the students can take up in the college.
Uchcha Madhyamik or Class 12 Board Exams in West Bengal are usually attempted by over 7.5 lakh students. The West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE) released the updated WB Board Class 12 Examination Board Timetable for the academic year 2021-22. To know more about the dates, check the WBCHSE Class 12 Exam Date Sheet.
Functions of the WBCHSE 12th Board
The WBCHSE HS Board performs the following activities:
- Organising the Exams for Classes 11-12.
- Formulating the syllabus of the respective grades, keeping in view the SCERT norms.
- Designing the curriculum for the Academic Years in accordance with the prevailing conditions.
- Ensuring smooth running of the sessions.
WBCHSE Board Overview
|Exam Name||Uchcha Madhyamik Pariksha|
|WBCHSE Full Form||West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education|
|Administered by||State Government of West Bengal|
|Headquarters||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Role||Conducting HS Exam (Class 12)|
|President||Dr. Chiranjib Bhattacharya|
|Secretary-in-Charge||Tapash Kumar Mukherjee|
|Exam Dates||April 2, 2022 – April 27, 2022.|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Number of Students||Around 8 lakhs|
|Tentative Result Date||May/June 2022|
West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education Details
WBCHSE board is constantly making efforts to improve the quality of HS education in the state. Slowly, West Bengal HS board has become the pioneer in the modern education system in India. The main aim of the board is to conduct and facilitate the HS exam across all the schools affiliated to the West Bengal Board in the state.
West Bengal HS Board Study Materials
WBCHSE Exam Resources for Class 11
|West Bengal Board Exam Pattern||WBCHSE Class 11 Syllabus|
|WBCHSE Class 11 Books||WBCHSE Class 11 Previous Year Question Papers|
|WBCHSE Class 11 Sample Papers||WBCHSE Class 11 Exam Date Sheet|
|Class 11 Maths Model Paper|
WBCHSE Exam Resources for Class 12
West Bengal HS Board Exam Pattern and Syllabus
After Class 10 exam, students get the option to choose either Science, Arts or Commerce streams. The syllabus of all the subjects from each of the streams are designed strategically to help the students get exposed to a world-Class educational curriculum. As for the pattern, each paper in the WB HS exam includes MCQs, and descriptive answers of 1 mark, 2 marks, 3 marks, and 5 marks. Check the syllabus and pattern of West Bengal HS board exam below:
WBCHSE Class 12 Exam Statistics
- Total Number of Students: The average number of students appearing for the WBCHSE Class 12 Exams has roughly ranging in between 7.5-8.2 lakhs. The numbers showed an increase in the year 2021, when 8,19,202 students appeared for their WBCHSE Class 12 Board Exams. Here is a comparison of the number of students appearing for the Class 12 Exams over the last few years.
|Year||Number of Students Appeared|
- Overall Passing Percent: The performance of students in Class 12 WBCHSE, recently, has been more than 85%. In 2018, 83.75% of the students passed, and this percentage increased in 2019, where 86.92% of the students passed. The percentage increased in 2020 when 90.13% of the students passed. However, in 2021, 97.69% of the students appearing for the 12th Class Uchcha Madhyamik Board exams had successfully qualified. Below is a comparison of the passing percentage of the students year-wise.
|Year||Overall Pass Percentage|
WB HS Exam Routine
WBCHSE board exam dates are released by the WBCHSE every year. In general, the Class 12 HS exams start by the last week of February and end by the second week of March. The WB HS exam routine is released online every year by the board. A couple of months after the commencement of HS Class 12 Board exams, the results are declared. Usually, the Class 12 results are declared by the first or second week of June. However, due to the ongoing pandemic, the dates might get slightly deferred.
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to get detailed information about the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education i.e. WBCHSE and other related details. You can also get information about the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education and its important updates.