WBBSE or the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education is an autonomous Educational Board in the state of West Bengal and is administered by the WB State Government. This Board is responsible for conducting Standard 10 or Class 10 exam, which is commonly known as the Madhyamik Pariksha. Thus, the board is also sometimes referred to as the West Bengal Madhyamik Board. Along with this, it is also responsible for formulating the WBBSE Class 10 Syllabus, designing the curriculum and performing all related activities.
Table of Contents
- Latest Notifications
- About the WBBSE Madhyamik Examination
- WBBSE Board Overview
- West Bengal Board of Secondary Education Exam Resources
- WBBSE Madhyamik Exam Result Statistics
For the students who are preparing for the WB Madhyamik Exams, we have compiled in this article the best study materials. Students can just click on the provided links to access the resources, such as the updated WBBSE Madhyamik Exam Pattern. Meanwhile, the resources that we have also provided below in this article, include the links to get the Class 10 WB Board Exam materials, such as the WB Madhyamik Syllabus, textbooks, previous year papers and the WB 10th Board Sample Papers.
- The results for Madhyamik Examinations, 2023 were announced by the WBBSE on 19 May 2023.
About the WBBSE Madhyamik Examination
The WB 10th Board Exams are conducted by the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE) in the month of March. The Class 10 WB Madhyamik Board lays the foundation for the higher Classes, as the passing marks scored in this year determines the higher educational choices of the students.
Madhyamik or Class 10 Board Exams in West Bengal are usually attempted by over 10 lakh students usually, and is the first board exam in the state that they appear for. The West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE) has released results of Madhyamik Board exmainations for the academic year 2022-23. The new datasheet for WBBSE Class 10 examinations 2024 has been released as well. To know more about the dates, check the WBBSE Class 10 Madhyamik Pariksha Date Sheet.
Functions of the WBBSE 10th Board
The WB Madhyamik Board plays the following roles:
- Devising the courses of study
- Prescribing syllabus
- Conducting examinations
- Granting recognition to schools
- Providing support, leadership and direction for all secondary educational institutions under its jurisdiction.
WBBSE Board Overview
|Madhyamik Pariksha 2023
|WBBSE Full Form
|West Bengal Board of Secondary Education
|May 3rd, 1951
|State Government of West Bengal
|Kolkata, West Bengal
|Dr. Kalyanmoy Ganguly
|Conducting Madhyamik Pariksha (Class 10)
|23rd Februrary, 2023- 4ht March 16 2023
|Number of Students
|Tentative Result Date
|19th May 2023
West Bengal Board of Secondary Education Details
The WBBSE was established by the State Government of West Bengal to facilitate the conducting of Class 10 examinations for all the schools affiliated to West Bengal Board present all throughout the state. The WB Class 10 exams, which is popularly known as the Madhyamik Pariksha is generally conducted in the month of February and the results are declared by June.
West Bengal Board of Secondary Education Exam Resources
Students preparing for the boards or other final exams can easily find the resources from Classes 1 to 10 to study by clicking the links of West Bengal Board of Secondary Education given below in a table.
|West Bengal Board Model Question Papers
|WBBSE Exam Pattern
|WBBSE Previous Year Question Paper
|WBBSE Last 5 Years Question Papers
|West Bengal Board Books
|WBBSE Class 10 Maths Model Paper
West Bengal Secondary Board Syllabus and Pattern for Class 10
The syllabus for the WB Madhyamik Pariksha is strategically designed in a way to help students get exposed to a wide variety of important topics and concepts. The subjects included in the WB Madhyamik Pariksha include First and Second Languages which include either English, Bengali or Hindi, Physical Science, Life Science, Mathematics, History, Geography, and an optional subject. The pattern of the exam is simple in which students are required to give all the papers compulsorily. There are objective type questions and descriptive type questions in the exam.
WBBSE Madhyamik Exam Result Statistics
- Total Number of Students: The average number of students appearing for the WBBSE Class 10 Exams has roughly been more than 10 lakhs. The numbers showed a slight decrease in the year 2020, when 10,35,666 students appeared for their WBBSE Class 10 Board Exams. However, this year saw a decline in the number with a total of 6,82,321 students appearing for the 2023 WBBSE Madhyamik Exam. Here is a comparison of the number of students appearing for the Class 10 Exams over the last few years.
|Number of Students Appeared
- Overall Passing Percent: The performance of students in Class 10 WBBSE has been around 85%. In 2018, 85.49% of the students passed, and this percentage increased in 2019, where 86.07% of the students passed. The percentage increased slightly in 2020 when 86.34% of the students passed. However, in 2021, all of the students appearing for the WB Class 10 Board exams had successfully qualified. 2022 had an impressive overall pass percentage of 86.60% followed by a minimal decline of 86.15% in 2023. Below is a comparison of the passing percentage of the students year-wise.
|Overall Pass Percentage
WB Madhyamik Exam Routine
Generally, the Class 10 exams are conducted between the second week of February to the last week of February. After the successful completion of the exams, the WBBSE board results are declared. The results are generally declared by the last week of May or the first week of June and can be accessed on the official website. Students can find the results on the official website – http://wbbse.org/.
Keep visiting BYJU’S to get complete information about the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education i.e. WBBSE and its related details. You can also get information about the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education and its important updates.