The Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme ‘DHRUV’ is an initiative of the Government of India, with the assistance of the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development.
‘DHRUV’ has been launched to enrich the skills and knowledge of a gifted child, and to encourage them achieve excellence as per their potential and help in the development of the society.
It is an important scheme launched by the Government of India, and IAS Exam aspirants must carefully go through the various prospects of the scheme. Questions based on the same may be asked in the GS 2, under the important schemes and policies, and education based topics.
Also, visit the List of Government Schemes in India page and get a detailed and comprehensive list of policies released for the development of the society.
|Prep up yourself for the upcoming UPSC and other Government Exams with the latest study material!! Refer to the links below:|
About ‘DHRUV’ – PM Innovative Learning Programme
- The name of the scheme, DHRUV, is based on the pole star called “Dhruv Tara”
- It was launched on October 10, 2019 by the Union HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
- This Innovative Program was launched at the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) headquarters in Bengaluru in the presence of the Union HRD Minister; Dr K Sivan, ISRO Chairman; Wing Cdr. Rakesh Sharma; and Professor K Vijay Raghavan, Principal Scientific Advisor to Government of India
- The programme shall focus on encouraging young and talented students in the field of their interest be it science, performing arts, creative writing, etc.
Objectives of DHRUV Innovative Programme
- Through this programme, the Indian Government shall encourage talented and gifted children to enrich their skills and knowledge
- In centres of excellence across the country, children will be mentored and nurtured by renowned experts in different areas, so that they can reach their full potential
- Two areas will be the main focus: Arts and Science
- Around 60 students will be selected from all over the country, studying between classes 9 to 12
This Pradhan Mantri Innovative Learning Programme (PMILP) will boost the confidence of young students and encourage them to learn new and innovative things as per their potential. This will help them grow and work for the betterment of the society and the country.
Aspirants can also read about the Mission Innovation at the linked article.
|Atal Innovation Mission (Atal New India Challenge)||Science, Technology and Innovation Policy (STIP 2020)|
|Atal Tinkering Labs||Stand Up India Scheme|
|Make In India||Mentor India Campaign|
DHRUV Programme – Key Features
- The first ever batch of students under the PM Innovative Learning Programme was implemented in October 2019
- A total of 60 brilliant students, 30 from Performing Arts and 30 from Science were chosen for the first batch of DHRUV
- These students were selected from both private and Government schools, all across the country
- Under the programme, a 14 days learning experience was arranged for all the 60 students, separately in two groups. One for Science, and one for Performing Arts. They were further divided in 3 groups of 10 each
- Experts and Mentors were allotted for both the streams and students were expected to present their projects (for Science) and choreograph and act (for Performing Arts)
- The theme for the project and choreography were based on environment and society-based issue
This programme can develop confidence among students and help them gain and spread awareness and knowledge of the activities across the globe.
The Government of India has started off this programme focussing on just two key sectors, but they intend to spread across the various other streams and sectors for an innovative development of the children across the country, and provide them with an opportunity to grow.
Furthermore, IAS aspirants can get the detailed UPSC Syllabus for the upcoming exam at the linked article. They can also find more about the other important topics and subjects included in the syllabus.
Get updated information about UPSC 2021 exam dates, pattern, notification, etc., at the linked article.
To know more about the upcoming competitive exams, latest exam pattern and syllabus, study notes, and the best preparation tips, candidates can visit BYJU’S for expert assistance.