SpaceX will launch the DOGE-1 satellite mission in 2022, which has completely been funded by cryptocurrency, Dogecoin. The “DOGE-1 Mission to the Moon” will be the first-ever commercial payload to be paid with Dogecoin.
In this article, we shall discuss in detail the moon mission, its objectives, and other important aspects of DOGE-1 and Dogecoin. All competitive exam aspirants can refer to the information discussed below for the upcoming exam preparation.
Innovations and developments in the field of space missions and satellites are included in the Science and Technology part of the IAS Exam and questions based on the same are asked in the General Studies 3 Paper.
UPSC aspirants refer to the following related links:
About DOGE 1 Mission
- The DOGE 1 satellite is tentatively scheduled to be launched in the first quarter of 2022
- It is the first time that a commercial payload will be funded by cryptocurrency
- The satellite weighs 40 kilograms and will be launched in Falcon 9
- Geometric Energy Corporation (GEC), a Canadian company will lead the mission and announced the dogecoin-funded mission on May 9, 2021
- Objective of the Mission – This cubic satellite will aim to obtain lunar spatial intelligence from sensors and cameras on-board
- Significance of the Mission – Through this mission, SpaceX will be able to demonstrate the application of cryptocurrency beyond the Earth’s orbit and set the foundation for commerce on an interplanetary basis
|IAS aspirants can refer to the links below and complement their Indian administrative exam preparation:|
What is Dogecoin?
- Software Engineers, Billy Markus and Jackson Palmer created the Dogecoin cryptocurrency in the year 2013
- It was created as a joke, considering the vagueness of cryptocurrencies at that time
- Dogecoin features the face of Shiba Inu, a Japanese dog breed
- It is an open-source peer-to-peer digital currency
- Dogecoin has one of the most dynamic and largest communities in the cryptocurrency world. They have grouped together and have extended support to a variety of charitable endeavours and other ventures. One of the funding done by them includes the NASCAR race
- In April 2021, Dogecoin leaped more than 800% on the crypto data tracker, CoinGecko.com and has now become the fourth-largest digital currency
Apart from Dogecoin, read about another cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, being used in various parts of the world, at the linked article and get UPSC notes for the upcoming exam preparation.
|About Falcon 9
About Geometric Energy Corporation (GEC)
Candidates preparing for the upcoming Civil Services Exam can refer to the detailed UPSC Syllabus for the prelims and mains examination at the linked article.
Aspirants can also refer to Topic-Wise UPSC Prelims Questions & Answers and get subject-wise compiled questions from the past few years for exam preparation.
For the latest exam updates and study material, candidates can turn to BYJU’S for assistance.