Find below a list of UPSC Mains practice questions for economy:
1. The nature of economic growth in India in recent times is often described as jobless growth. Do you agree with this view ? Give arguments in favour of your answer.
2. Craze for gold in Indians has led to a surge in import of gold in recent years and put pressure on balance of payments and external value of rupee. In view of this, examine the merits of the Gold Monetization Scheme.
3. “Success of ‘Make in India’ programme depends on the success of ‘Skill India’ programme and radical labour reforms.” Discuss with logical arguments.
4. In what way could replacement of price subsidy with Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) change the scenario of subsidies in India ? Discuss.
5. There is a clear acknowledgement that Special Economic Zones (SEZs) are a tool of industrial development, manufacturing and exports. Recognizing this potential, the whole instrumentality of SEZs requires augmentation. Discuss the issues plaguing the success of SEZs with respect to taxation, governing laws and administration.
6. Livestock rearing has a big potential for providing non-farm employment and income in rural areas. Discuss suggesting suitable.
7. In view of the declining average size of land holdings in India which has made agriculture non-viable for a majority of farmers, should contract farming and land leasing be promoted in agriculture? Critically evaluate the pros and cons.
8. What are the impediments in marketing and supply chain management in industry in India? Can e-commerce help in overcoming these bottlenecks?
9. How can the ‘Digital India’ programme help farmers to improve farm productivity and income? What steps has the Government taken in this regards?