UPSC Exam Preparation: Topic of the Day – Integrated Child Protection Scheme
Integrated Child Protection Scheme UPSC
Integrated Child Protection Scheme (ICPS) is a centrally sponsored scheme, being implemented by Union Ministry of Women and Child Development 2009-10. The objective of ICPS is creating a safe and secure environment for children in conflict with law as well as children in need of care and protection. The scheme is based on the cardinal principles of “protection of child rights” and the “best interest of the child”. It is an umbrella scheme bringing several existing child protection programmes under one roof, with improved norms. This Scheme incorporates other essential interventions aimed at addressing issues which have so far not been covered by earlier Schemes.
ICPS would ensure appropriate inter-sectoral response at all levels, enhance capacities at all levels, strengthen child protection at family and community level, create database and knowledge base for child protection services and also strengthen structures and institutionalize essential services.
- To institutionalize essential services and strengthen structures for emergency outreach, institutional care, family and community based care, counselling and support services at the national, regional, state and district levels
- To enhance capacities at all levels of functionaries including administrators and service providers; members of allied systems including local bodies, police, judiciary and other concerned departments of State Governments to undertake responsibilities under the ICPS
- To create database and knowledge base for child protection services, including Management Information System and child tracking system in the country for effective implementation and monitoring of child protection services
- To undertake research and documentation
- To strengthen child protection at family and community level.
- To create and promote preventive measures to protect children from situations of vulnerability, risk and abuse
- To ensure appropriate inter-sectoral response at all levels, coordinate and network with all allied systems
- To raise public awareness, educate public on child rights and protection.
- To educate the public on situation and vulnerabilities of children and families
- To raise awareness on available child protection services, schemes and structures at all levels.
|Mentor India Campaign|
|Atal Tinkering Labs|
|Uchchatar Avishkar Yojana|