Lakhs and lakhs of candidates apply for the IAS Exam, which is conducted once a year. The commission not only provides the option of applying or registering, but also allows the candidates to withdraw the application. In other words, the commission provides the facility of withdrawal of application for those candidates who do not want to appear for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination.
The aspirants who are preparing for UPSC 2022 examination will find this article informative because this article discusses how to withdraw the application if the aspirant wishes not to appear in the examination.
Other useful links related to UPSC Notification are provided below for candidates’ reference –
|List of Optional Subjects in IAS Mains||How many attempts for the UPSC exam?|
|UPSC Age Limit||All India Services|
|UPSC Eligibility Criteria||Civil Services Posts|
Withdrawal of UPSC Application Form
After the application submission process is over, the commission activates a link for withdrawal of the application for a specific time period. After the expiry of the application withdrawal window, the commission will not entertain any request for withdrawal of candidature, under any circumstances
Check the table below for important dates related to the registration and withdrawal of the UPSC Application Form:
|Withdrawal of UPSC 2022 Application Form|
|UPSC CSE 2022 Notification Date||2nd February 2022|
|Start Date to fill UPSC Application Form 2022||2nd February 2022|
|Last Date to fill UPSC Application Form 2022||22nd February 2022|
|UPSC CSE 2022 Application Withdrawal Window||1st March 2022 to 7th March 2022 till 6:00 PM|
|IAS Prelims 2022 Date||5th June 2022|
Important Instructions to Withdraw Application
The important instructions that are to be followed by the candidates at the time of withdrawal of the IAS 2022 Application Form are as follows:
- The candidates are advised to go through the instructions carefully before filling up the request for withdrawal of the application.
- The commission will activate the withdrawal link or facility for a specific time period for those candidates who do not want to appear at this examination.
- The candidates should possess details of the completely filled and submitted application form with valid RID (Registration ID) to withdraw the application. There is no provision for the withdrawal of incomplete applications.
- OTPs will be sent by the commission on the registered mobile number and email ID provided by the candidates at the time of registration. Therefore, before requesting a withdrawal, the candidates should make sure that they have access to the registered mobile number and email ID which were mentioned by them at the time of registration.
- Request for withdrawal will be accepted only after it is confirmed by validating the OTP details sent on the candidate’s mobile and email ID. Such OTPs will be valid for 30 Minutes only.
- If the candidate has submitted multiple applications, the application will higher RID will be considered for the withdrawal process. All other applications will be treated as automatically cancelled.
- After the final acceptance of the request for online withdrawal of application, the candidate must print the authenticated receipt. Once the application has been withdrawn by the candidate, it cannot be revived in future.
- UPSC has no provision to refund any fee amount paid by candidates, so in case of successful withdrawal of application, the fees will not be refunded.
- On successful completion of the withdrawal of the application, an auto-generated email and SMS will be sent to the candidate’s registered email ID and mobile. In case any candidate has not submitted the request for withdrawal of application, he/she may contact UPSC on email ID: [email protected] immediately.
- The candidates are advised not to share the OTPs received on email and SMS with anybody.
FAQ about UPSC Application Withdrawal
Does applying for UPSC count as an attempt?
Can the candidate withdraw the UPSC application anytime?
How can I cancel my UPSC registration?
UPSC Preparation Links:
|Current Affairs||IAS Toppers Marks Subject Wise|
|IAS Questions & Answers for UPSC||UPSC Mains|
|NCERT Notes For UPSC||Economy This Week|
|Best Magazines For UPSC Preparation||IAS Interview Questions|
|Static GK||UPSC Books In Hindi For Civil Services/IAS Exam|