The first step to preparing for the HPPSC exam is downloading the syllabus from the official website and going through it. For HPPSC Preparation Books, first begin with NCERT textbooks, mark the topics applicable to the HPPSC syllabus and prepare notes on different segments of prelims and mains examination. Arrange your notes correctly. This will help track how much you have learned and provide a perception of completion.
Preparing for the upcoming Competitive Exams?? Kickstart your preparation now with the links given below:
HPPSC HPAS Books
Study NCERT books for conceptual clarity and perform a complete study of relevant topics from Best Book for HPPSC Exam books listed below. Consistent reading of newspapers and magazines helps you master current developments in social issues, economic, political, and policy changes.
Track political, socio-economic, and development issues related to Himachal Pradesh. The best books can help prepare for the complete syllabus of the exam. Some of the Best Book For the HPPSC Exam are written below:
- The Hindu.
- Daily News Analysis by Jatin Verma.
- The Tribune, Himachal edition.
- PIB analysis by Jatin Verma.
- Yojana Magazine.
- Indian Polity by M. Laxmikanth.
- The Indian Economy by Sanjeev Verma
- NCERT books Class 12th standard.
- NCERT books 6–12th.
- Ancient India History – Class 12 NCERT by RS Sharma
- A Brief History of Modern India.
- India after Gandhi by Ramachandra Guha.
- Objective History – Ancient Medieval and Modern India by Mock time Publication
- Indian History: Subjective: For all competitive exams by the Indian History Editorial Board
- 2000+ MCQs History by Team Prabhat
- Physical and Human Geography by G.C. Leong.
- Fundamentals of Physical Geography – Class 11th NCERT
- Indian Geography – Class 10th and 12th NCERT.
- Human Geography – Class 12th NCERT.
- Oxford Atlas
Science and Technology
- NCERT books from class 6–10th standard.
Environment and Ecology
- Shankar IAS notes
Himachal General Knowledge section
- The wonderland Himachal by Jag Mohan Balokhra
- Himachal Pradesh, History, Culture, and Economy by Mian Goverdhan Singh.
- English Grammar & Composition by S C Gupta
- Objective General English by S P Bakshi/ Arihant Publications
- High School English Grammar & Composition by Wren and Martin/S Chand
- Samanya Hindi by Hardev Bahri
- Bharatiya Kala Evam Sanskriti by Nitin Singhania
- Bharat Ke Rajya Vyavastha by M. Laxmi kanth
- NCERT Mathematics Textbook for class 12
- Concept Of Physics by H.C. Verma
- Chemistry for Competitive Examinations book by Shriniwas Gurjar
Computer Applications/ Computer Science
- Objective Computer Awareness by R Pillai
Engineering (Agricultural / Chemical / Civil / Computer / Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical)
- All India Engineering Entrance Exam by H.P.Sharma
- Fundamentals of Mathematical Statistics by S. C. Gupta
Standard books are comprehensive for the preliminary and main exams. However, if you feel that you need to work on the fundamentals then you can start from NCERTs.
You can read the following books:
1. “The Wonderland Himachal Pradesh” – Jagmohan Balokhra
2. “Indian Polity” (Most recommended books) – M. Lakshmikant
3. “Indian Economy: For Civil Services Examinations” by Ramesh Singh
4. “Geography of India” by Majid Husain
5. “Certificate Physical and Human Geography” by Goh Che Long
6. “Indian Art and Culture” by Nitin Singhania
Apart from the above books, aspiring HPPSC candidates are advised to read NCERT books and other important notes:
- NCERT Notes: Ancient Indian History Notes
- NCERT Notes: Medieval Indian History Notes
- NCERT Notes: Modern Indian History Notes
- NCERT Notes: Art and Culture
- NCERT Notes: Geography Notes
- Difference Between Articles
Frequently Asked Questions about HPPSC Books
What are some preparation tips to ace the HPPSC Exam?
The candidates should know the detailed HPPSC Exam syllabus to start their exam preparations accordingly. The aspirants must set a timetable and revise regularly.
Do the HPPSC books include Question banks?
Yes, most HPPSC books include question banks and exam papers for the applicant’s reference.
Are the HPPSC books available in online book stores?
Yes, any commercial shopping stores will provide you with the necessary HPPSC books required for the exam.
Can we refer to old books for the HPPSC exam?
Yes, aspirants can refer to the old HPPSC books, but make sure that the books follow the new updated syllabus for this year.
Are HPPSC exam books are available in PDF format?
Yes, most of the HPPSC books are available in PDF format, so one can download them from any authentic website.
Aspirants preparing for multiple state examinations can go through preparation articles for important PSC exams below: