The Indian Navy SSR exam is an online test. Questions are framed in four subjects: Mathematics, Science, General Awareness, and English. There is also a physical fitness test and a mandatory medical exam. The syllabus details are issued in a notice from the Indian Navy every year. Potential candidates can log into the internet to find the syllabus and the exam guide to prepare for the Indian Navy SSR exam.
The questions are drawn from the syllabus of the Indian Navy SSR, and the test can be taken in English or Hindi.
The candidates can download the syllabus of the Indian Navy Senior Secondary Recruits Exam from the link given below:
Candidates can also visit the linked article and get details about the upcoming government exams that comprise current affairs and general awareness as an important topic in the syllabus.
|Kickstart your competitive exam preparation now and complement it with the links given below:|
Indian Navy SSR Syllabus 2022
The syllabus of Indian Navy SSR Exam are as follows:
Syllabus for English
The Indian Navy SSR and AA syllabus for English subjects include:
- Passage, Preposition, Correction of sentences, Change active to passive/passive to active voice
- Change direct to indirect/indirect to direct, Verbs/Tense/Non Finites, Punctuation
- Substituting phrasal verbs for expression, Synonyms and Antonyms, Meanings of difficult words
- Use of adjective, Compound preposition, Determiners (use of a, the, any etc), Use of pronouns
Candidates can check important tips to master error spotting to attempt the question in exams with relative ease.
Aspirants can go through a variety of Sentence Correction Questions to understand how questions on sentence corrections are framed in the exam.
Syllabus for Mathematics
The Indian Navy SSR Syllabus for Mathematics subjects include:
- Relations and Functions, Logarithms, Complex Numbers, Quadratics Equations, Sequences and Series, Trigonometry
- Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates, Straight Lines Family of Straight Lines, Circles
- Conic Section, Permutations and Combinations, Vectors, Exponential and Logarithmic Series, Sets and Set Theory, Statistics
- Introduction to Three-dimensional Geometry, Probability Function, Limits and Continuity, Differentiation, Applications of Derivatives
- Indefinite Integrals, Binomial Theorem, Matrices, Determinants, Definite Integrals
Given in the link are Important Maths Tricks and shortcuts, check for assistance.
Syllabus for Science
The Indian Navy SSR and AA syllabus for general Science subjects include:
- Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body/ Gravitation
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Heat Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current and magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves
- Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations, Atomic Nucleus/ Solid and Semi-Conductor Devices, Principles of Communication
- Metals and Non-Metals, Organic Chemistry, Food, Nutrition and Health, Physiology and Human Diseases, Computer Science.
Syllabus for General Awareness
The SSR syllabus Indian Navy for General Awareness includes the following topics:
- Culture and Religion, Geography: Soil, Rivers, Mountains, Ports, Inland Harbours, Freedom Movement
- Sports: Championships/Winners/ Terms/ No of Players, Defence, Wars and Neighbours, Current Affairs
- Important National Facts about India Heritage, Arts, Dance, History, National-Languages, Bird, Animal, Song, Flag, Monuments, Capitals & Currencies
- Common Names, Full forms and Abbreviations, Discoveries, Diseases and Nutrition, Award and Authors, Eminent Personalities
- Spatial, Numerical, Reasoning & Associative Ability, Sequences, Spellings Unscrambling, Coding and Decoding.
Some of the relevant topics that can assist candidates in their preparation of Indian Navy SSR exam are as follows:
- List of Highest Mountains in India
- Important Inventions & Discoveries
- List of Longest Rivers in the World
- List of Longest Bridges in India
- List of Languages of the World
- Neighbouring Countries of India
- Largest Volcanoes in the World
Why knowing the SSR exam syllabus is important?
The bottom line is, candidates for the Indian Navy SSR-AA vacancies have to have a thorough knowledge of the Indian Navy SSR syllabus to prepare for and clear the Indian Navy SSR exam. The candidate will fail the SSR exam if he does not complete the syllabus.
Candidates for any exam for any job profile have to sit and prepare for that exam. Proper guidance and knowing the exam pattern help. Knowing the Indian Navy SSR syllabus, from which the questions are framed, is the key to preparing for the exam and clearing it. In short, how to prepare for the exam is solved by the syllabus of the exam.
Also, all government exam aspirants can check the best Preparation Strategy for Competitive Exams in the linked article.
Apart from this, to get the latest exam updates, study material, notes, and other relevant information, candidates can turn to BYJU’S for help and get expert assistance.
|Bank Exams||SSC Exams|
|Insurance Exams||RRB Exams|
|Government Exams after 12th||Upcoming Bank Exams|
|List of Regional Rural Banks in India||Bank Exams preparation|