National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is the one tier national level medical entrance exam conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education). NEET has replaced All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT) and all other state level and university level entrance exams. From the year 2016, admissions in government or private medical colleges for MBBS and BDS courses in India will be solely based on the NEET score. Aspirants who are seeking admission for MBBS or BDS courses in India have to qualify the NEET Exam.
NEET UG 2018 will be conducted in the month of May 2018, and the result will be declared by the first week of June, tentatively. Aspirants can apply for the exam by filling the NEET 2018 application form which is expected to be released in the first week of December 2017. Online registration with a late fee can be done till February 2018.
Online Application Form for NEET 2018
NEET 2018 form will be available on NEET official website from the first week of December 2017 (tentative). Aspirants have to fill the NEET application form 2018 for the NEET Exam from the NEET official website through online mode. Candidates are requested to be prepared with the following documents before filing the NEET application form 2018.
- Personal details and address details with correct spellings as per Class X Certificate
- Academic details
- Valid email id and mobile number
- Scanned images of Signature, Right Hand Index Finger impression and Recent Photograph
- Payment details (online/offline mode)
The detailed procedure to fill NEET 2018 application form is given below.
Step I: Download Information Brochure
Download the information brochure for NEET eligibility criteria and the instructions for filling the application form. Candidates are advised to follow the instructions strictly. Students not fulfilling the instructions and eligibility criteria shall be summarily disqualified.
Step II: Apply Online
- Candidate can proceed to fill the application form by providing their personal and academic details in the NEET 2018 official website.
- Applicant must enter their name, the name of their Father, Mother, and address with correct spellings and date of birth as per Class X Certificate.
- They must review and submit the information and note down the Registration number for future references and use.
Step III: Upload Scanned Images
A candidate who has registered can only upload the scanned images. Following are the list of images to be uploaded:
- Recent Photograph (size of 10 Kb to 100 Kb)
- Signature (size of 3 Kb to 20 Kb)
- Right Hand Index Finger Impression (size of 3 Kb to 20 Kb)
- The photograph must be taken with a white background, and the name of the candidate and the date of photo taken must be in-scripted at the bottom of the Photograph.
- All the images must be in JPG format.
Step IV: Make Payment
The application fee structure for NEET 2018 is as follows:
The application fee for the NEET 2018 is Rs 1400/- for OBC/General and Rs.750/- for SC/ST/PH. Application fee can be paid online (credit/debit card) or offline (bank challan) mode.
Online mode: Candidates who choose online mode can make their payment through any Debit/Credit Card using online gateway payment facility or net-banking.
Offline mode: Candidates who choose offline mode can make payment through e-Challan by depositing fee in CBSE’s Bank Account. They can download the challan from the official website.
Step V: Print Confirmation Page
On a successful submission of the application form, a confirmation page will be generated. Candidates are not required to send the Computer Generated Confirmation Page of the NEET 2018 Online Application form to CBSE. Applicants should preserve the confirmation page and proof of remittance of fee safely for any future reference.
Note: The authority will deactivate the facility of submission of application form, uploading of scanned images, fee payment and printing of confirmation page as per given schedule. Hence, candidates are requested to complete the procedure within the prescribed duration only.
Do’s and Don’ts while filling the NEET Application Form
- Before filling the NEET application form, the candidates are advised to go through the eligibility conditions and other instructions carefully and then begin to fill the NEET 2018 application form.
- The candidate must note the NEET registration number provided to him/her carefully at the time of filling the NEET form.
- Before submitting the NEET 2018 form, applicants should make sure that the details filled in the form are correct and up to date. For example, the name of Father/Mother is mentioned correctly in the NEET application form as per the class 10th. The contact number, qualification details and other details should also be mentioned.
- The NEET 2018 application form must be filled carefully according to the instructions given in the form.
- After filling in the details, candidates will be redirected to the payment page. After completely filling the form and a successful payment, it is recommended to take a print out of the confirmation page for future reference.
Byju’s are the best trainers for competitive exams like NEET, JEE Advanced, JEE Main, etc. Stay tuned with Byju’s to get the latest notification on Byju’s. Know the NEET syllabus, NEET exam pattern, NEET preparation tips, etc. only at Byju’s.