The Railway Recruitment Board will release the dates for RRB JE Online Apply 2020 with the official notification for RRB Junior Engineer 2020 which is expected to be announced soon. The last notification released for the Junior Engineer exam was for the year 2019 and candidates had to fill the RRB JE Application Form 2019 within the dates mentioned in the notification.
The RRB JE Notification 2019 was released on December 29th, 2018 and the dates of RRB JE online application were as mentioned below:
|RRB JE Apply Online 2019
|RRB JE Application Dates
|RRB JE 2019 Notification
|29th December 2018
|RRB JE Registration (Start Date)
|2nd January 2019
|RRB JE Registration (End Date)
|7th February 2019
Check the detailed RRB JE Exam Dates on the linked page.
In this article, aspirants of RRB JE examination will know the information related to:
- Steps to Fill the RRB JE Registration form for first-time applicants
- Steps to fill RRB JE Application form
- RRB JE Application Fee
- RRB JE Fee Payment Mode
- RRB JE Online Application date
The Railway board conducts RRB JE exam to select candidates for various technical posts for the Indian Railways. The candidates fill the RRB JE apply online form to get recruited for the following posts:
- Junior Engineer
- Junior Engineer (IT)
- Depot Material Superintendent (DMS)
- Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant (CMA)
Aspirants of RRB JE 2020 can check the relevant links given below:
|RRB JE Syllabus
|RRB JE Preparation
|RRB JE Eligibility
|RRB Mock Tests
Also, for detailed information on RRB JE Notification, check the link given for the Railways Junior Engineer notification page.
|You can find more article related to strategies for the UPSC Exams through the IAS Strategy Articles page!!
The following links will help strengthen the candidates in their UPSC preparation:
How to fill the RRB JE Online Application Form?
Candidates willing to apply for RRB JE next recruitment can fill the RRB JE apply online form through the official websites of regional RRBs. The RRB JE online application form 2019 was made active from January 2, 2019, to January 31st, 2019.
Aspirants must read the RRB JE application form carefully before providing the information asked. The RRB JE Apply Online Forms must be submitted only online and the other forms of RRB JE applications will not be accepted.
Aspirants of RRB JE 2020 have to follow the below-mentioned procedure for RRB Junior Engineer Application:
- Visit the official website of Indian Railways i.e. indianrailways.gov.in
- Click on the ‘RRB JE Apply’ tab
- Chose the regional Railway Recruitment Board
- On redirection to the regional RRB official website
- Click the ‘RRB JE Apply Online’ link
Now, aspirants can fill the online RRB JE application form. First-time applicants have to fill the RRB JE registration form first and then they can move further with filling the RRB JE Application Form.
Steps to Fill the RRB JE Registration Form
For RRB JE Online Registration candidates are required to give:
- The basic details like Name, Phone Number, Address, and Email ID.
- After providing the details, login credentials for RRB JE Application Form will be sent to the provided mail Id and mobile number.
- Candidates have to use this login credentials to access the RRB JE Apply Online Form.
Steps to Fill the Form of RRB JE Online 2022
1). Select the RRB to which you wish to apply. Please be aware that RRB once selected cannot be changed after the preliminary registration is completed and Registration number is allotted.
2). Confirm that you have read and understood the instructions clearly by clicking the check box. Click on the “New Registration”
3). Registration Details: Enter your name, Date of Birth and Father’s name as per Para 1.7 of General Instructions, Mother’s Name, Aadhaar Number, SSLC/Metric/ITI Roll Number, Year of Passing, Mobile Number and e-mail-ID and then submit for registration.
- Before submitting for registration, ensure and confirm that all the information furnished above are correct as the details furnished for registration cannot be changed later.
- Please note that the email ID used for the
- Registration must be yours and unique. Also note that both the email and Mobile Number will be verified during the Online
- Application process with a One Time Password (OTP).
4) Verification of email ID and mobile number through OTP: On submitting the primary details, the Registration Number and Password shall be displayed to the candidate. OTPs shall be sent to the registered Mobile Number and e-mail along with the Registration details.
- The candidate should retrieve the OTPs from e-mail and Mobile and then enter OTPs to proceed with the filling up of the application and to make payment.
- Candidates should note and preserve their Registration Number for later reference during the recruitment process and RRB will not entertain any request seeking a registration number.
5) Candidates can proceed with the online application by clicking on the “Already Registered” Button on the Home Page using the Registration Number and password.
6) In the Part 1 application page, provide the details of Educational Qualification,
Community, Gender, Religion, Ex SM, PWD, Minority, Economically Backward Class and Age Relaxation eligibility categories as applicable and other details.
7) In the part II application page, fill in details of:
- Exam Group:-If a candidate is eligible for more than one exam group, He/she has to opt for any one of them. For others, the eligible Exam group is displayed.
- Set priority / preferences for posts: If the candidate is eligible for more than one post based on his/her educational qualification and other details furnished, he/she must set the priority/preferences for these posts. The list of posts (in the chosen RRB) for which a candidate is eligible is displayed. Similarly, if the chosen RRB has vacancies for more than one Railway/ Production Unit, then vacancies for all such Railways / Production Units for which a candidate is eligible, will be listed out.
The candidate should fill their priority/ preferences number in the textbox against each post that they are eligible for, in the RRB they are applying to.
RRB JE Application Fee
Aspirants have to pay the RRB JE application fees within the time specified in the official notification because the applications without payment will be rejected.
The Application fee for RRB JE exam for different category candidates are as mentioned below:
|RRB JE Application Fees
|Unreserved & OBC Category Male
Payment of the RRB JE examination fee can be made using the prescribed gateway. The candidates can pay the exam fees both online and offline modes.
Mode of RRB JE Fee Payment
- Online payment can be made via the internet, bank, Credit/ Debit/ Rupay/ Visa/ Master Card
- Offline payment of RRB JE application fees can be made via E-challan where cash is to be deposited at SBI bank.
The steps to make the online payment are as follows:
- On completion of application details as above, the candidate will be directed to the payment page to choose payment mode i.e Bank (Online Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card/UPI and Offline Challan) or Post Office Challan and complete the payment process. Choose the mode of payment and complete the payment process. Please note the last dateand time specified for each mode of payment and submit the application well in time.
- Those paying through Bank-offline mode, the payment confirmation may take 2 hours and hence they have to again login after 2 hours and look for confirmation of payment status.
- The time period for payment confirmation shall vary from 24 hrs to 48 hrs in case of Post Office payment.
- Scribe for PwBD Candidates: Indicate option for Scribe if you are a PwBD candidate eligible for Scribe. Only the candidates suffering from Visually Impaired (VI)/candidates whose writing speed is affected by locomotor disability (one arm) are eligible for availing Scribe
- Detailed Educational Qualification: Furnish all the relevant information on the qualification as required in the application
- Choice of Exam Language:- English is the default language. In case the candidate wishes to choose any other language, then the same can be selected from the drop down list of languages.
The languages listed are Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Odiya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu. In case of any difference/ discrepancy/dispute in the Questions between English and the opted language, the content of the English version shall prevail.
After completing the payment process, RRB JE application form can be submitted. Candidates can check the RRB JE Application Status once announced by the Board.
How to upload Photograph and Signature:
1. Candidates will be automatically directed to the ‘Photo and Signature Upload’ part of the application.
2. Select the Upload Photo tab and upload your colour photograph. The photograph should comply with the following requirements
3. Specifications for Photographs :
- It should be a Colour Passport Photograph with white/light color background.
- It should be of size 35mmX45mm or 320 x 240 pixels.
- It should be in JPG/JPEG format scanned with 100 DPI resolution. The size of the photograph should be between 20-50KB.
- The color photograph must have been taken on or after 01-10-2018 in a professional studio. Photographs taken using mobile and self-composed portraits may result in rejection applications.
4. Select upload Signature Tab and upload your Scanned Signature. The signature image should comply with the following specifications.
5. Specification for Signature Image :
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen within a box of size 50mm x 20mm.
- Signature must be in running letters and NOT IN BLOCK LETTERS.
- The image should be in JPG/JPEG format scanned with 100 DPI resolution.
- Dimensions of 50mm x 20mm or 140 x60 pixels (preferred).
- The file size should be between 10KB —40KB.
6. Scanning and Resizing of the Photo and Signature
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 100 dpi (dots per inch).
- Set Color to True Color. File Size as specified above.
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above). The image file should be in JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is: image01.jpg or image01.jpeg.
- Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon. Candidates can easily obtain a photo and signature in .jpeg format not exceeding 50KB & 40KB respectively by using MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager.
- Scanned photographs and signatures in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using ‘Save As’ option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50KB (photograph) & 40KB (signature) by using crop and then resize option in the ‘Image’ menu.
Candidates can clear their doubts regarding the RRB JE payment details. If there are any queries, contact the commission through the helpline numbers or E-mail Id given in the notification.
For updates on the RRB JE Application procedure as per the latest notification, keep checking the page regularly.