The Board of Secondary Education Of Andhra Pradesh (BSEAP), or the AP SSC Board, was established in 1953. The BSEAP is also known as the Directorate of Government Examinations. It was established to execute and govern various activities of Secondary education in Andhra Pradesh. The board is responsible for conducting SSC exams, specifying the AP SSC syllabus and also prescribes books for the schools under the AP Board.
Read on to learn more about the AP SSC Board and find details about the SSC (Class 10) exam and resources to prepare for the exam.
Table of Contents
- Latest Updates
- About the AP SSC Board:
- Overview of the AP SSC Board 2022-23
- AP SSC Board Exam Resources
- AP SSC Results and Result Analysis
AP SSC Board is an autonomous department functioning under the Ministry of Secondary Education, Government of Andhra Pradesh, and supervises the system of Secondary education in Andhra Pradesh State.
- The AP Board has announced the AP SSC results 2023 on 6th May 2023. Students can check their results on the Board’s official website.
- The AP SSC Board has announced the dates for the AP Board Class 10 exams. The exam will start on 3rd April 2023 and continue till 18th April 2023. Check the AP SSC Board exam timetable for more details.
- The AP SSC Board has announced that the Class 10 board exams will be conducted only for 7 papers instead of the usual 11.
- The AP Board has released the hall ticket for the 2023 SSC board exam. Go to the official website, bse.ap.gov.in, to download the hall ticket.
- The BSEAP has released the Model Question Papers and the Blue-Prints for the SSC Public Examinations, 2023.
About the AP SSC Board:
The AP Board Class 10 examination, popularly known as the SSC exam, is conducted by the Directorate of Government Examinations. The board exam is usually conducted in the month of April/May. The board also conducts a Supplementary Examination for repeaters, which is conducted in May/June. Every year, over six lakh students from across the state appear for the SSC exam.
Functions of the AP SSC Board
Here is a list of the other functions performed by the AP SSC Board:
- Devising the courses of study
- Prescribing syllabus
- Conducting examinations
- Granting recognition to schools
- Providing support, leadership and direction for all secondary educational institutions under its jurisdiction.
The AP Board conducts the following examinations:
|1st Year D. Ed Public Examinations||2nd year D. Ed Public Examinations|
|C.L.I. Sc Examinations||Headmasters Accounts Test|
|Professional Advancement Test for Teachers||National Talent Search Examinations|
|Technical Certificate Course Examination||Technical TTC Examination|
|National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Examinations||LPT Exams (Telugu, Urdu, Hindi)|
Overview of the AP SSC Board 2022-23
Here is an overview of the AP Class 10 Board:
|Exam Name||AP SSC Exam 2023|
|Conducted by||Board of Secondary Education Of Andhra Pradesh
|Exam Dates||March/April, 2023|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Number of Students||Around 6.2 lakhs|
|Tentative Result Date||May/June 2023|
The Board was initially located at Chapel Road, opposite Stanley Girls High School, but now it is located in Vijayawada. The director of Government Examinations can be contacted at the following address:
Director of Government Examinations
Beside SPNRCH High School.
Opp. Andhra Hospitals Gollapudi, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh.
Pin Code – 521225
AP SSC Board Exam Resources
We at BYJU’S understand the importance of passing the AP Board Class 10 exams. To help students prepare for the exams, we’ve compiled the BSEAP SSC Board exam resources. This includes syllabus, list of textbooks, exam dates, timetables, results, question papers etc, to help students prepare for the AP board Class 10 exam.
The AP Board Class 10 syllabus is a great resource for students. It acts as a guide for the course material and gives students an idea about the lessons included in the course. Click on the links below to download the AP SSC Board syllabus for Maths, English and Science.
|AP SSC Maths Syllabus 2021-22|
|AP SSC Science Syllabus 2021-22|
|AP SSC English Syllabus 2021-22|
The APSCERT textbooks for AP Board Class 10 are designed by experts to help students understand the syllabus and course. These textbooks are a great asset for students to prepare for the AP Class 10 board exams. Click on the links below to download the AP board prescribed textbooks for Class 10:
Solving question papers from previous years is one of the best ways for students in Class 10 to prepare for the board exam. It helps them learn the exam pattern and manage their time effectively to answer all the questions within the allotted time. It also enhances their confidence. Here is a list of AP Board SSC question papers from the past few years for students in Class 10. Click on the links below to download the solved SSC question papers for Maths, Science and Social Science:
AP SSC Class 10 Maths Question Papers With Solutions
AP SSC Class 10 Science Question Papers with Solutions
AP SSC Solved Social Science Question Papers
AP SSC 2022 Question Papers
|AP SSC Class 10 Physics Question Paper 2022|
AP SSC model papers or sample papers are blueprints of the actual question papers that appear in the SSC board exam. Solving sample papers helps students to prepare for the exams by understanding the exam pattern, important topics and frequently asked questions etc. It also helps them practice solving the question paper within the exam duration. Click on the links below to download the AP Board Class 10 model papers:
AP SSC Model Papers 2020-21 Format
AP Board Class 10 Model Papers
The BSEAP conducts the SSC every year in the months of April/May. This year, the AP Board SSC (Class 10) exams are scheduled to start from 3rd April 2023 and continue till 18th April 2023. Check the AP SSC Date sheet for more details about the exam schedules, dates and exam timings.
Additional Resources for AP SSC Board
Here is a list of some additional resources that AP Board Class 10 students can use to prepare for the exam:
|Tips To Prepare For AP Class 10 SSC Exams||AP SSC Class 10 Important Questions|
Every year, over 6 lakh students appear for the AP Board SSC exams. The exams are usually conducted in April/May, and the Board evaluates the papers and announces the results in May (tentative). The BSEAP announces the AP Board 10th Class results on their official website: http://bseap.co.in/. Read on to find a year-wise comparison of the number of students that appeared for the exams and the pass percentage.
AP SSC Year-wise Comparison
- Total Number of Students: The average number of students appearing for the AP SSC exams has been roughly around 6.2 lakhs. The numbers, however, showed a declining trend, and in the year 2021, when 5.38 lakh students appeared for their Class 10 SSC Exams. The number increased significantly in 2022 when 6,15,908 students appeared for the exam. Here is a comparison of the number of students appearing for the SSC exams over the last few years.
|Year||Number of Students Appeared|
- Overall Passing Percent: The students have performed almost consistently in the AP SSC Exam in the past few years. In 2017, 91.92% of the students passed, and this percentage increased in 2018 when 94.48% of the students passed. The percentage increased further to 94.88% in 2019. In 2020 and 2021, 100% of the students appearing for the 10th SSC exams passed because the exams were cancelled. In 2022, the BSEAP announced that 67.26% of the students who appeared for the exam passed. Below is a comparison of the passing percentage of the students year-wise.
AP Board SSLC Results Overall Pass Percentage
AP SSC Board Grading System
The performance of the students in the AP SSC Board Examination is evaluated and generated by the Nine-point relative grading System introduced by BSEAP a few years ago. The results in this grading format are displayed as a Grade Point Average (GPA). This grading system is hugely appreciated by many parents, and they have welcomed it wholeheartedly as it eases the burden on the aspirant. Look at the table below to better understand grades and grade points for the curricular subjects.
|First and Third Languages (Telugu and English), Non-Languages||Second Language (Hindi) / Marks in all the languages for PH students||Grade||Grade Points||Overall Marks Range|
|92 – 100||90 – 100||A1||10||550-600|
|83 – 91||80 – 89||A2||9||499-549|
|75 – 82||70 – 79||B1||8||448-498|
|67 – 74||60 – 69||B2||7||397-447|
|59 – 66||50 – 59||C1||6||346-396|
|51 – 58||40 – 49||C2||5||295-345|
|43 – 50||30 – 39||D1||4||245-294|
|35 – 42||20 – 29||D2||3||195-244|
|34 – 0||19 – 0||E||–||194 & BELOW|
Comment below if you have any AP SSC related queries, and get them resolved at the earliest. Check BYJU’S for the latest updates about Andhra Board and study materials like AP SSC Textbooks.
Frequently Asked Questions on AP SSC Board
What is the Class 10 Board examination conducted by the state board called in Andhra Pradesh?
The AP Board Class 10 examination is called SSC in Andhra Pradesh.
What is BSEAP?
BSEAP is the Board of Secondary Education Of Andhra Pradesh, which is also known as the Directorate of Government Examinations or Andhra SSC Board. The BSEAP conducts the SSC or Class 10 board examination in the state.
What are the minimum grade points required to pass the AP Board Class 10 exam?
Students should score at least 3 grade points in the AP SSC examination in each subject to pass the exam.