The National House Bank (NHB) has a set of eligibility criteria which potential candidates will have to fulfill in order to apply for the NHB Assistant Manager Examination.
The NHB Assistant Manager Eligibility criteria consists of the following:
- Age Limit
- Educational Criteria
This article will give details about the eligibility criteria for the NHB Assistant Manager Exam.
Do note that the NHB Assistant Manager eligibility criteria is as per the 2021 notification, released in December. Candidates can check this space when the 2022 notification will be released.
National Housing Bank, is the apex regulatory body for overall regulation and licensing of housing finance companies in India. It is under the jurisdiction of Ministry of Finance, Government of India
|For more bank exam related links, please do visit the article given below:|
Eligibility criteria for NHB Assistant Manager – Age Limit
The minimum age for application is 21 years while the maximum age is 30 years. The National Housing Bank allows upper age relaxation for candidates belonging to certain categories. The details of the age relaxation are as follows:
|Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) as defined
under “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”.
|PwBD (UR) – 10 Years
PwBD (SC/ST) – 15 Years
PwBD (OBC) – 13 Years
|Ex-servicemen (including ECOs/SSCOs) provided applicants have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within 6 months) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or/on account of physical disability or have
been released on account of physical disability attributable to military service or on invalidment.
ECOs/SSCOs who have completed their initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service but whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in
whose case the Ministry of Defence issues certificate that in case of selection they would be released within three
months from the date of receipt of the offer of appointment.
*Notes: An ex-serviceman who has once joined a Govt. job on the civil side after availing of the benefits given to him as an ex-servicemen for his re-employment, his ex-servicemen status for the purpose of re-employment in Govt. ceases.
- The age relaxation mentioned under Sr. No. 5.2(c) is allowed on a cumulative basis as per Govt. Guidelines.
- Relaxation in upper age limit for SC/ST/OBC categories applicable only against the vacancies reserved for these categories. Wherever vacancies are not reserved, SC/ST/OBC candidates will be treated at par with Unreserved category candidates i.e. no relaxations are available against Unreserved vacancies.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit necessary certificate(s) in original/ along with photocopies at the time of Interview and at any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by the Bank.
- There is no reservation for Ex-servicemen in Officers’ Cadre.
Eligibility criteria for NHB Assistant Manager – Nationality
A candidate must be either –
(i) a citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan refugee (who came over to India before 1st January, 1962) with the intention of permanently
settling in India or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India,
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- Please note that the eligibility criteria specified herein are the basic criteria for applying for the post.
- Candidates must necessarily produce the relevant documents in original and a photocopy in support of their identity and eligibility pertaining to category, nationality, age, educational qualifications etc. as indicated in the online application form at the time of interview and any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by the Bank.
- Please note that no change of category will be permitted at any stage after registration of the online application and the result will be processed considering the category which has been indicated in the online application, subject to guidelines of the Government of India in this regard.
- Merely applying for the Post, appearing for and being shortlisted in the online examination and/or in the subsequent interview and/ subsequent processes does not imply that a candidate will necessarily be offered employment in the Bank. No request for considering the candidature under any category other than the one in which one has applied will be entertained
Eligibility criteria for NHB Assistant Manager – Educational Qualification
The educational qualification for NHB Assistant Manager are as follows:
|Academic Qualification||Post Qualification Experience||Broad skill sets
|A full time Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with minimum of 60% marks (55% in case of SC/ST/PwBD) or a full time Master’s Degree in
any discipline with aggregate minimum of 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PwBD) from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
Candidates possessing qualification of Chartered
Accountant/CMA/Company Secretary may also
The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet /
Degree Certificate/ Professional qualification
certificate that he/ she is a graduate/post-graduate/Chartered Accountant/CMA/
Company Secretary (wherever applicable) as on
01.12.2021 and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation/Post- graduation/professional qualifications while registering online
|While no prior
experience is required,
any relevant experience
would be given
skills written and
ability and general
*Notes: Candidates whose final result is awaited are not eligible to apply.
- All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from the Universities/ Institutions incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
- Proper document from Universities/ Institutions for having declared the result on or before 01.12.2021 has to be submitted at the time of interview. The date of passing the eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark-sheet or provisional certificate issued by University / Institute.
- In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University / Institute and web based certificate is issued then proper document/certificate in original issued and signed by the appropriate authority of the University / Institute indicating the date of passing properly mentioned thereon will be reckoned for verification and further process.
- Candidates should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where Universities/Institutes awarded Aggregate Grade Points
- The same should be converted into percentage and indicated in online application. If called for interview, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating that the criteria of the University regarding conversion of Aggregate Grade Points into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of criteria.
- Calculation of Percentage: The percentage marks shall be calculated by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all the semester(s)/ year(s) by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honours / optional/additional optional subject, if any.
- Same will be applicable for those Universities also where Class/ Grade is decided on the basis of Honours marks only. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60%; 54.99% will be treated as less than 55% and 49.99% will be treated as less than 50%.
Frequently Asked Question about NHB Assistant Manager Exam
What is the NHB exam?
Is the NHB exam difficult?
Candidates can refer to the following links for more information on other bank exams
|IBPS PO Notification||SBI Clerk|
|IBPS Clerk Notification||SBI PO syllabus|
|SBI Clerk Prelims,||IBPS RRB CRP|
|SBI Clerk Mains,||RBI Assistant|
|RBI Officer Grade B||IIBF Exams|