The National Housing Bank has released the notification for the recruitment exam for its Assistant Manager post.
This article will give details about the NHB Assistant Manager Exam regarding parameters such as vacancy, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, eligibility, exam dates etc
Table of Contents:
- NHB Assistant Manager Vacancy
- NHB Assistant Manager Exam Pattern
- NHB Assistant Manager Syllabus
- NHB Assistant Manager Notification
- NHB Assistant Manager Eligibility
- NHB Assistant Manager Exam Dates
- NHB Assistant Manager Admit Card
|For more bank exam related links, please do visit the article given below:|
Vacancy for NHB Assistant Manager
The details of the NHB Assistant Manager vacancy are as follows:
|Category||No of Vacancies|
Abbreviations: SC: Scheduled Caste; ST: Scheduled Tribe; OBC-NCL: Other Backward Classes-Non-Creamy Layer; EWS: Economically Weaker Sections; UR: Unreserved.
- OBC candidates belonging to ‘Non-Creamy Layer’ are entitled to reservations under OBC category. OBC ‘Creamy Layer’ candidates should indicate their category as ‘UR’
- PwBD candidates may belong to any category i.e. Unreserved/SC/ST/OBC/EWS. Reservation for PwBD is horizontal and within the overall vacancies for the Post.
- Candidates belonging to reserved category including, for whom no reservation has been mentioned, are free to apply for vacancies announced for unreserved category provided, they must fulfil all the eligibility conditions applicable to unreserved category.
- The total number of vacancies mentioned above are provisional and it may increase/decrease depending upon the actual requirement of the Bank. NHB reserves the right to draw wait lists of candidates and consider such wait listed candidate(s) for meeting actual requirements.
NHB Assistant Manager Exam Pattern 2021-2022
The exam pattern will be given as per the notification release in December 2021. The notification for the 2022 exam will be released soon. In case there are any changes in the exam pattern, candidates can refer to this article for more information.
The exam pattern consists of the following:
- Online Test
Online examination will consist of both Objective and Descriptive Tests. Objective Tests for 200 marks will be of 3 hours duration consisting of 4 sections. The objective test will have separate timing for each section.
The details of the online test structure will be as follows:
|NHB Assistant Manager Exam Pattern 2022|
|Subject||Total Questions||Marks||Duration||Test Type|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60||3 Hours||Objective|
|General Awareness and Computer Knowledge||50||50|
|Total||155 Questions||200 Marks|
|English Letter and Essay Writing||2 questions||25 Marks||30 Minutes||Descriptive|
- Descriptive Test is a test of English Language for 25 marks. Test will be of 30 minutes duration consisting of two parts: Letter Writing and Essay. Candidates will have to answer a Descriptive Test by typing on the computer.
- Descriptive Test will commence immediately after completion of the Objective Test.
- DescriptiveTest is of qualifying nature and candidates have to secure a minimum score in the Descriptive Test.
- Evaluation of Descriptive Test paper is subject to candidates attaining minimum marks in Objective Test.
- The Bank reserves the right to modify the structure of the examination which will be intimated through
- its website. Other detailed information regarding the examination will be given in an Information
- Handout, which will be made available for the candidates to download along with the e-Call Letters from the official website of NHB www.nhb.org.in
Penalty for Wrong Answers:
Each question in Objective Tests will have five alternative choices, out of which one will be the correct answer.
There will be a penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For every wrong answer marked, one fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty to arrive at a corrected score.
If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that Question.
NHB Assistant Manager Syllabus
The selection process for NHB Assistant Manager consists of an online test and an interview. The subjects of the exam are as follows:
- Reasoning and Computer Aptitude
- General Awareness (with special focus on Economy & Banking) and Computer Knowledge)
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude (with special emphasis on Data analysis and interpretation)
The topics as in syllabus of the NHB Assistant Manager Exam is as follows:
Computer and Reasoning Aptitude
- Verbal reasoning
- Seating arrangement
- Blood relations
- Coding and decoding
- Basic security concepts
- Binary language coding
- Computer Abbreviations and Terminology
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Logic gates
- Operating systems
- Storage and memory
General Awareness (with special focus on Economy & Banking) and Computer Knowledge)
- Current affairs
- Economic survey
- Banking and finance
- Financial terms
- People in news
- Email and microsoft office
- Computer network
- History and generation of computers
- Fill in the blanks
- Paragraph completion
- Error spotting
- Idioms and Phrases
Quantitative Aptitude (with special emphasis on Data analysis and interpretation)
- Ratio and proportion
- Data interpretation
- Mensuration and geometry
- Profit and loss
- Number series
- Speed , distance, and time
- Permutation and combination
- Mixture and allegations
- Linear and quadratic equations
NHB Assistant Manager Notification
The official NHB Assistant Manager notification is released on the NHB website where candidates can download the notification and go through the eligibility details and important dates and then accordingly apply online for the exam.
There are certain things that a candidate needs to keep in consideration while he/she is going through the official notification:
- Check the eligibility criteria thoroughly and make sure that you apply for the exam only if you fulfil the eligibility
- Ensure that you complete the application process on or before the last date to apply online for the NHB Assistant Manager exam
- Go through the syllabus and exam pattern carefully and check for any changes or variations in the pattern of the examination
It is important that every applicant checks the NHB Assistant Manager notification carefully before they apply online for the examination as with the increasing competition, the conducting bodies tend to make changes in the recruitment process every year.
Eligibility criteria for NHB Assistant Manager – Nationality
A candidate must be either –
(i) a citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan refugee (who came over to India before 1st January, 1962) with the intention of permanently
settling in India or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India,
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- Please note that the eligibility criteria specified herein are the basic criteria for applying for the post.
- Candidates must necessarily produce the relevant documents in original and a photocopy in support of their identity and eligibility pertaining to category, nationality, age, educational qualifications etc. as indicated in the online application form at the time of interview and any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by the Bank.
- Please note that no change of category will be permitted at any stage after registration of the online application and the result will be processed considering the category which has been indicated in the online application, subject to guidelines of the Government of India in this regard.
- Merely applying for the Post, appearing for and being shortlisted in the online examination and/or in the subsequent interview and/ subsequent processes does not imply that a candidate will necessarily be offered employment in the Bank. No request for considering the candidature under any category other than the one in which one has applied will be entertained
Eligibility criteria for NHB Assistant Manager – Educational Qualification
The educational qualification for NHB Assistant Manager are as follows:
|Academic Qualification||Post Qualification Experience||Broad skill sets
|A full time Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with minimum of 60% marks (55% in case of SC/ST/PwBD) or a full time Master’s Degree in
any discipline with aggregate minimum of 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PwBD) from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
Candidates possessing qualification of Chartered
Accountant/CMA/Company Secretary may also
The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet /
Degree Certificate/ Professional qualification
certificate that he/ she is a graduate/post-graduate/Chartered Accountant/CMA/
Company Secretary (wherever applicable) as on
01.12.2021 and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation/Post- graduation/professional qualifications while registering online
|While no prior
experience is required,
any relevant experience
would be given
skills written and
ability and general
Exam Dates for NHB Assistant Manager 2021-2022
The details of NHB Assistant Manager vacancy are as follows:
|Cut-off date for eligibility criteria||01.12.2021|
|Website link open for Online registration of Applications and payment
of fees/ intimation charges for Scale- I, II & IV
|01.12.2021 TO 30.12.2021 (both days
|Last date for online registration of Applications and payment of
fees/intimation charges for Scale- I, II & IV
|Download of e-Call Letter for Online Examination for Scale- I and II
|10 days prior to the Examination|
|Online Examination for Scale- I and II only||January/February 2022|
|Result of Online Examination for Scale- I and II only||February /March 2022|
|Download of e-Call Letter for Interview for Scale- I, II & IV||March /April 2022|
|Conduct of Interview for Scale- I, II & IV||March /April 2022|
|Declaration of Final Result for Scale- I, II & IV||April /May 2022|
NHB Assistant Manager Admit Card
Downloading the admit card is one of the most crucial steps in the recruitment process. Go through the steps to download the admit card below:
Step 1: Click on the above-given link or go to the NHB official website. (to be out).
Step 2: Enter your Registration number and Password/Date of Birth.
Step 4: Click on Login.
Step 5: The option to download admit cards will be available on the screen. Download it
Step 6: The downloaded admit card must be printed on clean and white paper.
While downloading the admit card, candidates must keep some of the points in mind to avoid any troubles. Candidates must check that they have a strong and stable internet connection. To print the NHB Assistant Manager call letter, make sure to have a working printer with enough A4 size white printable sheets. Other than these things, make sure to get your (a) Registration Number/Roll Number, (b) Password/Date of Birth for downloading the call letter.
One will find the following details mentioned in the NHB Admit Card 2021 for Assistant Manager. The information is provided for the reference of the candidate. Make sure that the personal information is correct. Also, ensure that your photograph and signature is visible on the admit card.
- Name of the Candidate
- Exam Centre Code
- Exam Centre Name
- Guardian’s Name
- Roll Number
- Exam’s Name
- Examination Centre Address
- Instructions for the examination
- Signature of the candidate
- Photograph of the candidate
- Exam’s Date and Time
- Candidates’ DOB
Frequently Asked Question about NHB Assistant Manager Exam
What is the NHB exam?
Is the NHB exam difficult?
Candidates can refer to the following links for more information on other bank exams
|IBPS PO Notification||SBI Clerk|
|IBPS Clerk Notification||SBI PO syllabus|
|SBI Clerk Prelims,||IBPS RRB CRP|
|SBI Clerk Mains,||RBI Assistant|
|RBI Officer Grade B||IIBF Exams|