Subjects for IAS Prelims/IAS subjects for prelims/IAS prelims subjects list
The UPSC has given out the exam calendar for this year’s civil services exam. The IAS Prelims exam falls on the 18th of June, 2017.
Check out the UPSC exam time table here.
As you would know if you are an IAS aspirant, there are two exams in the IAS prelims stage. This article discusses the IAS subjects list for the prelims examination. The two papers you have to take in the IAS prelims are as follows:
1) General Studies Paper I
2) General Studies Paper II (more commonly known as Civil Services Aptitude Test or CSAT)
Facts about the IAS prelims you have to know:
● Both the papers comprise multiple choice questions.
● Both the papers carry negative marks for incorrect answers.
● Both the papers are of 200 marks.
● GS paper I contains 100 questions.
● CSAT paper contains 80 questions.
● Both the papers are of 2 hours duration.
● Both will be held on the same day with a few hours gap between the papers.
● You must score a minimum of 33% in your CSAT to qualify.
● GS paper I will be considered qualifying for the IAS Mains exams.
● It is compulsory for the candidates to appear in both the papers of Civil Services Prelims Exam for the purpose of valuation. In case a candidate does not appear in both the papers of the IAS prelims exam he/she will be disqualified.
IAS Subject List for Prelims:
GS PAPER I
1. Current Affairs Analysis and Questions
2. History of India and Indian National Movement
3. Indian and World Geography
3.1 Physical Geography
3.2 Social and Economic Geography
3.3 Geography of the World
4. Indian Polity and Governance
4.2 Public Policy
4.3 Political System
4.4 Rights Issues
4.5 Panchayati Raj
5. Economic and Social Development
5.1 Sustainable Development
5.4 Social Sector Initiatives
6. General Issues on Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity and Climate Change
7. General Science and Technology
CSAT PAPER II
- Interpersonal Skills Including Communication Skills
- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- General Mental Ability
- Basic Numeracy
- Data Interpretation
- English Language Comprehension Skills
Want to ace the IAS prelims? Join BYJU’S Prelims Test Series Now!
ATTENTION! The UPSC is expected to declare the 2016 Mains results, read more.