Current Affairs App is a good way to stay updated with the latest events of national and international importance. With the improvement in internet speeds, even aspirants who aren’t in major cities can follow all the latest Current Affairs with the help of Current Affairs apps. However, choosing the best current affairs app for UPSC which suits one’s needs and is aligned to the UPSC Syllabus is crucial for success.
The importance of Current Affairs and General Knowledge in the UPSC cannot be emphasized enough. An analysis of the previous years’ question papers shows that the number of questions related to current affairs has been on an upward trend. Questions are asked directly on current affairs and general knowledge related topics, or as part of subject related questions. In such a scenario, staying up to date on current affairs becomes imperative.
Candidates can find the updated data on weightage of Current Affairs in UPSC Prelims here.
Reading the newspaper daily and religiously is the best way to keep up with the flow of current events. Also, various websites and blogs like ours provide Comprehensive News Analysis as well as broad coverage of current affairs. You can follow these to catch up on current affairs relevant to UPSC Exam preparation. But with a lot of current affairs to cover, it becomes difficult to remember everything that is studied. Revision is the only key to remember and retain what has been studied.
There are a plethora of options to keep your preparation updated and revising your current affairs. One might take notes and refer to them periodically, or subscribe to a newsletter which gets archived, or best of all download an app that provides current affairs updates as well as helps revise earlier news which would be relevant to the UPSC Exam.
Choosing the Best Current Affairs App
The Best Current Affairs app should be chosen on the following criteria:
- Helps serious aspirants prepare for current affairs on a regular basis.
- Helps aspirants stay up to date with all the issues in news relevant to the Civil Services Examination.
- Is aligned to the UPSC Syllabus and free from peripheral discussions not relevant to the exam.
- Has access offline so that aspirants can study even when there is no internet available or internet connection is patchy.
- Has features which help the aspirants to evaluate themselves, identify their strong and weak points and stay on track with their preparation. It should also help newcomers and veterans of the exam to navigate the content easily.
- Has an organised, simple interface with top-notch content quality, periodic compilation, and tests related to the subject, along with segregation of topics for prelims and mains.
BYJU’S Current Affairs
BYJU’S IAS Prep Tablet is not just the best current affairs app but also a dynamic resource of curated content for the Civil Services Exam. It is designed by experts in the field of UPSC Preparation that will help serious aspirants prepare for current affairs. It has regularly updated content, with the subject matter experts focussing on topics relevant to the IAS Exam.
The application takes a multi-dimensional approach to IAS Preparation with features like:
- Video Analysis of Current Affairs
- Comprehensive study plan
- Regular Quizzes and Tests
- Weekly and monthly modules for revision
- Well organised interface and live support
- Personalized mentoring available on request
The BYJU’S app brings together state of the art technology and visualization with traditional subject matter expertise on UPSC preparation to make your IAS Exam a success. We have been rated the best mobile application for UPSC Preparation by multiple websites and the efficacy of the content and methodology is proven by many successful candidates.
Test your Current Affairs preparation and take our Current Affairs Quiz (50 new questions every week as per UPSC Prelims Syllabus).
For Current Affairs, it is important to follow daily, weekly and monthly current affairs. The important sources for Current Affairs are:
- The Hindu
- The Indian Express
- Yojana Magazine
- Kurukshetra Magazine
- Press Information Bureau
- Rajya Sabha TV
Aspirants can read/download the latest Current Affairs for free from the linked article to kickstart their UPSC preparation.
Make the best use of the free content available on the BYJU’S Current Affairs App and make your IAS Journey a success. The Current Affairs app will also be useful for other government exams such as state service commission exams, SSC and Bank Exams.