UPSC Exam Preparation: Topic of the Day – Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation (PRAGATI)
PRAGATI is Information and Communication Technology based multi-purpose and multi-modal platform for Pro-active Governance and Timely Implementation, launched in the year 2015. It is an integrated and interactive platform which aims to address the grievances of a common man while simultaneously monitoring the significant programmes and projects of the Government of India and the state governments. It was designed by the Prime Minister’s Office with the assistance of the National Informatics Centre.
- Project Implementation
- Project Monitoring
- Grievance Redressal
Details on Pro Active Governance and Timely Implementation:
- It is a three tier system comprising of the Prime Minister’s Office, Secretaries of the Central Government and Chief Secretaries of the State.
- PRAGATI upholds cooperative federalism as it is a unique platform that brings together, the Secretaries of Government of India and the Chief Secretaries of the states onto one single platform.
- The conference is scheduled on every fourth Wednesdays, called PRAGATI day. The matters to be discussed will be picked up from the available database and will be uploaded seven days prior to the PRAGATI day.
- It is in line with the governments agenda of “Minimum Government and Maximum Governance” and is an innovative project promoting e-governance & good-governance. PRAGATI would make governance more effective, efficient and responsive.
- The platform is a combination of three latest technologies namely geo- spatial technology, video-conferencing and digital data management.
- The system makes use of data from Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS), Project Monitoring Groups (PMG) and Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation for effective public grievance redressal.
- The status of a project is monitored and reviewed at regular intervals to check the progress, as it is important for the Central government to facilitate the projects of the states for the holistic development of the country.
- The programme will ensure the timely completion and speedy implementation of the government projects.