The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) of India conducts its own exam to recruit food safety officers into the organisation. The FSSAI has set many qualification criteria to recruit its candidates, one of them being the age limit.
This article will give details about the age limit required for the FSSAI Exam.
|Candidates preparing for the Government exams can find the following like useful|
What is the Age Limit for the FSSAI Exam?
As per the notification released by the FSSAI in September 2021, the following posts are available in the FSSAI Exam:
- Food Analyst
- Technical Officer
- Central Food Safety Officer (CFSO)
- Assistant Manager (IT)
- Assistant Manager (Journalism or Mass Communication or Public Relation & Social Work, Psychology, Labour and Social Welfare, Library Science)
- Hindi Translator
- Personal Assistant
- IT Assistant
- Junior Assistant Grade – I
The age limit for each post is as follows:
Age Limit for FSSAI Posts
|Food Analyst||35 years|
|Technical Officer||30 years|
|Central Food Safety Officer||30 years|
|Assistant Manager||30 years|
|Hindi Translator||30 years|
|Personal Assistant||30 years|
|IT Assistant||30 years|
|Junior Assistant Grade-I||25 years|
The FSSAI has also allowed for certain upper age relaxation for certain categories of students. The details of it are as follows:
Upper Age Relaxation for FSSAI
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons With Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) as defined under “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”||10 years|
|PwBD + SC/ST||15 Years|
|PwBD + OBC||13 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen (ExS)||3 years after deduction of the military service
rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.
|Widows/Divorced Women/Women judicially separated and who are not remarried||Upto 35 Years of age|
|Widows/Divorced Women/Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ST)||Upto 40 Years of age|
- No person shall be eligible for initial appointment unless he has attained the age of 18 years. Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/ Secondary Examination Certificate only will be accepted by the Authority for determining the age and no subsequent request for change will be considered.
- Contractual Employees. Persons working on the rolls of FSSAI on contract basis on the date of notification of Recruitment Regulations (RRs) and continuing in the services of the Authority on the closing date of application are allowed to apply for any post, if they have not attained the age of 50 years on the closing date of advertisement.
- In addition, persons who have attained the age of 50 years may be given additional age relaxation of at least as much period as they have served in FSSAI subject to the condition that maximum age of the applicant shall not exceed 56 years.
- This age relaxation will be allowed only up to a maximum of three attempts across all categories of posts applied for where age relaxation is being allowed. Previous attempts will also be counted for this purpose.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit necessary certificate(s) in original in the prescribed format by Central Government along with photocopies at the time of Interview and at any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by FSSAI
Frequently Asked Question about FSSAI Age Limit
Who is eligible for FSSAI?
What is the age limit for a Food Safety officer?
Who is eligible for a job in FSSAI?
Candidates can refer to the following links for further government exam preparation.
|IBPS question paper||RRB Mock Test|
|IBPS Clerk previous year question paper||SBI PO Mock Test|
|SSC CGL previous year question paper||RBI Assistant Mock Test|
|SSC GD Mock Test||LIC HFL recruitment|