Statistics Class 10 Notes provided here can help students to get an overview of this NCERT chapter (i.e. chapter 14) and have a better understanding of the concepts. The topics covered in this chapter 14 notes are-
- What is statistics
- Mean of Data
- Median of Data
- Mode of Data
- Example Questions
What is Statistics?
Statistics is simply collecting and summarizing the data. To be precise, statistics is the study of the collection, analysis, interpretation, presentation, and organization of data to make it more presentable and easy to interpret.
Mean, Median, and Mode of Data
- Mean: Mean is the average of the observations and is calculated by adding the values of all the observations and dividing it by the total number of observations.
- Median: Median is the value of the middle-most observation in the entire data-set. It is found by arranging the group of data in ascending order. The median of that is given by-n/2th term if an odd number of data sets are there (n+1)/2, if the number of data sets is even
- Mode: In any observation, the mode is that value which has the maximum frequency i.e. it occurs the maximum number of times.
Learn more about mean, median and mode from this article and understand how to calculate each of them from any set of observation for grouped and ungrouped data.
Example Questions Based on Mean of Grouped Data
- Find the median of the following data: 19, 48, 25, 35, 51, 59, 31, 30.
- For this data- 11, 12, 14, a+2, a+4, 30, 32, 35, 41, the median was found to be 24. Calculate the value of “y”.
Important: Check More Class 10 Maths Notes Here.
|Frequency Distribution Table Statistics||Statistics Formulas|
|Mode Of Data & Statistics||Mean|
|Statistics Important Questions for Class 10||NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Maths Chapter 14|
Stay tuned with BYJU’S to get more such notes and study materials for class 10 exam. Also, check the Maths Notes For Class 10 and prepare for the board exams in more effectively.
Access CBSE Class 10 Maths Sample Papers Here.
Access NCERT Class 10 Maths Book Here.