As you aware the marks of the optional paper is vital to choose your candidature in the final rank list, you to need to perform outstandingly well in your preferred optional paper. Union Public Service Commission conducts the Civil services Exam yearly to recruit the aspirant to different administrative services under Government of India. The UPSC will release their notifications for civil services exam for 2019 in February . Click here to view the UPSC IAS Exam Notification 2019
Statistics as optional subject for UPSC IAS mains exam
Statistics is most likely a decent subject to pick as an optional subject for UPSC IAS mains exam, however it will rely on upon aspirant’s interest. The syllabus of statistics for UPSC IAS Mains exam includes varied elements. The aspirants need to do intensive practicing and wide reading for preparing this paper.
Here we are giving the complete list of book for Statistics optional. This will enhance your UPSC IAS Mains exam preparation. Candidates can check out the syllabus of Statistics optional for UPSC IAS Mains Exam here.
Books for Statistics optional
- An Introduction to Probability Theory & Mathematical Statistics -V K Rohtagi
- An Outline of Statistical Theory (2 Vol.) -A M Goon, M K Gupta and B .Dass Gupta
- Fundamentals of Applied Statistics-S C Gupta and V K Kapoor
- Fundamentals of Mathematical Statistics-A C Gupta and V K Kapoor
- Fundamentals of Statistics (2 Vol.)- A M Goon, M K Gupta and B Dass Gupta
- Introductory Probability and Statistical Applications – Paul Meyer
- Sampling Techniques-William G. Cochran
- Sampling Theory of Surveys with applications – B. V Sukhatme & B V Sukhatme