UPSC Exam Preparation: Topic of the Day – National Health Resource Repository Project
National Health Resource Repository Project
India’s first ever healthcare establishment census to collect the data of all the private and public health care establishments, known as the National Health Resource Repository (NHRR) Project was launched by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The project aims at strengthening evidence based decision making and developing a platform for the provider centric services and the citizens by designing strong, secure and standardized IT- enabled repository of the health care resources in the country, aligned with the Digital India Mission.
The Central Bureau of Health Intelligence has ensured the engagement with key stakeholders including private healthcare service providers, leading associations and allied ministries for the census. The census will be carried out under the Collection of Statistics Act 2008. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) would be taking care of the data security and is the technology partner for the project.
- Data of over 20 lakh healthcare establishments including clinics, hospitals, doctors, diagnostic labs, pharmacies on over 1400 variables will be captured in the NHRR.
- NHRR will help in making available, comprehensive, authentic, standardized and updated geo-spatial data of all the private and public healthcare establishments and other resources, including Railways, Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC), defence and petroleum healthcare establishments.
- Advanced research towards the existing and forthcoming challenges arising out of determinants of health, such as the environment and various diseases could be made possible because of this resource repository.
- It would enable formulation of realistic State Project Implementation Plans by enhancing the coordination between the central and the state governments for the optimisation of the health resources.
- NHRR ensures data accessibility at all the levels thereby decentralizing decision making at the district and the state levels.
Read more ‘Topic of the Day’ and stay ahead of your competition.
|Healthy States, Progressive India Report|
|National Health Resource Repository|
|Affordable Health Care – RS TV: In Depth|