The IAS Exam conducted by UPSC expects the students to prepare diligently and there is no shortcut to crack this exam. Every year, candidates with different educational backgrounds, experiences and knowledge levels participate in this exam. Therefore, one strategy might not fit all, and a few twists can be made according to the background and knowledge level of the aspirant.
In this article, the guidance and strategy to crack the UPSC IAS Exam 2022 will be discussed briefly, along with the dos and don’ts in the preparation.
To know more about the UPSC Exam, the candidates can check out the links provided below:
|IAS Exam Pattern||How many attempts for the UPSC exam?|
|UPSC Eligibility Criteria||Civil Services Posts|
|UPSC Cut Off||UPSC Notification|
Preparation Strategy for UPSC CSE 2022
Each stage of this exam has a different exam pattern and tests different skill set among the candidates. Therefore, the preparation of the candidates also has to be dynamic to face the paper set by UPSC.
The syllabus of the UPSC exam is very vast, and therefore one should know what to skip and what not to skip. One should not definitely skip reading the basic books such as NCERTs but also should not overindulge in these books for months. The candidate should know the trick when to start with the advanced books and also how to integrate basic knowledge with advanced reading. To conclude in brief, a candidate should formulate their preparation strategy exam-oriented.
Do’s and Don’ts in UPSC Preparation
- Don’t target 2022 without prior preparation for Mains. The two months in between Prelims and Mains will not be sufficient to prepare the vast syllabus of Mains afresh.
- Do answer writing practice for Mains and take mock tests for Prelims. This is a definite thing to do.
- Do follow a timetable. To learn about the detailed way of preparing Time Table for UPSC Preparation, check the linked article.
- Don’t skip preparation of current affairs. Make sure that while practising answer writing for Mains, try to incorporate current affairs context to any particular question. That will make the answer look more interesting and valid.
- Focus on basics first and after building the base knowledge, proceed to add to it by reading other books.
- Consistency is the key to unlocking this exam. You might be an average student or a topper in studies in school. It doesn’t make a big difference to your UPSC preparation unless you are consistent and sincere in your efforts regarding this exam.
FAQ about Guidance and Strategy to Crack the UPSC IAS Exam
How many months are required to prepare for IAS Exam?
What is the importance of CSAT in UPSC Prelims?
Is there any negative marking at the Civil Services Prelims Exam?
UPSC Preparation Links: